Al24.55%
Other36.82%
Deane12.27%
Lee H00.00%
Lee T24.55%

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
This will serve as the thread for Round 7 of the EAHORC 2010/11 National HO championship. A race report will appear here as well as links to Photos and result sheets, for now the thread will serve as an advert for the race.

When: March 25th - 10:00am start, doors open 9:15am
Where: Four Lane Black Top (FLBT), 2nd Marlborough Scouts, 46 George Lane, Marlborough, Wiltshire, SN8 4DH

(Last time the venue was just off the high street above, this is not that venue)

Check out eahorc.com for directions including GPS coordinates for sat-navs.

Please let me know if you plan to attend. If you know what class you will be racing PM, or which OW chassis AM, include that too...

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Lee.

A couple of images to help people find the venue:

Hopefully Marc will add the list of locals attending shortly.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm still drawn to this one for some reason

If the missus is off work and I have some money left from the AVHORS event the week before, then I'll probably make the effort

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be brilliant Paul - I am sure Tony will try extra hard to sell you some pancake stuff now
- but fingers crossed.

Distance-wise I think this is better for you that it might first appear. I think you can use the M5 etc. It's still not a quick jaunt at 2hr 40m, but it's what is involved if you want sample the national series sometimes.

If nothing else you can look at, touch and even run a SG+ with a decent set of rear wheels LOL.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Hopefully travelling with Lee, but it depends on work and family, at some point in the next two months I will probably have to go to Tanzania for work for at least a week and I have to (and want to) spend time with my family as well, at the moment, with all the extra work, I'm doing fairly well financially but don't have any time, the Tanzania thing could easily end up being a lot longer than a week as it's a case of staying there until the system is fully working and it's a bit experimental.

And Lee deserves the Keenest Man in Slot Racing title, as he doesn't just race HO, he's doing quite a bit of 1:32 racing as well and would probably race 1:24 and 1:43 if the oppurtunities were there.

·
Registered
612 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 7 Feb 2012, 15:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's still not a quick jaunt at 2hr 40m...

Only 1/2 hr longer than Yelling

QUOTE (montoya1 @ 7 Feb 2012, 15:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If nothing else you can look at, touch and even run a SG+ with a decent set of rear wheels LOL.

I hate SG+'s with a passion so I doubt that very much

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But it is such a rare beastie up your way, you should at least look upon one.

You are right about the distance to Marlborough. I remember the brief period when we held rounds at DHORC being worried that people would travel that far, but was suprised to see that for the people I thought would struggle the most it was not too bad. Straight up and only across a little. Turns out there were other things I have should of been worrying about more back then....

By the same token, if you were to find a venue a little south of you and 3/4 of your club mates to join in, you could host a national. Geographically it would be just about viable methinks.

·
Registered
612 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 7 Feb 2012, 16:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>But it is such a rare beastie up your way, you should at least look upon one.

Artin and Marchon are also rare up here, even rarer, they're not raced on any tyres, at least SG+ we can use rubber

Maybe I should try a Micro in mod

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Remember if you are thinking of coming to Marlborough there is a lot to do near here as well as race on the Sunday.

We'll be happy to help if you feel like making a weekend of it with other halves in tow.

Fantastic historic cities (Bath Oxford Salisbury all within an hour), prehistoric stuff at Avebury and Stonehenge, lots of pretty vilages, antiques at Hungerford, the locks at Devizes, the Ridgeway and neolithic castles at Liddington and Barbury. Swindon has the Steam museum and a big outlet centre.

Marlborough itself has a load of nice unusual shops, tearooms, pubs, restaurants and you can stay moderately cheaply in local pubs.

Looking forward to March already!

Best Rob

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Initial entry list:

Andy Whorton
Rob Lees
Deane Walpole
Marc Townsend
Clive Harland
John Ferrigno
Lee Henderson
David Hannington
Paul Whorton
Andy Player
Jim Easton
Roy Masters
Paul Roach
Jon Cryer
Mathew Lock

Please add your name if you are coming...

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Lee - anyone else from SCHORC?

(I think Palros can't make it)

Andy Whorton LMP1
Rob Lees LMP1
Lee Henderson LMP1
Lee Taylor LMP1
Deane Walpole ProM
Marc Townsend ProM