SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Banned
8,456 Posts

This will serve as the thread for Round 9 of the EAHORC 2011/12 National HO championship. A race report will appear here as well as links to Photos and result sheets, for now the thread will serve as an advert for the race.

When: June 3rd- 10:00am start, doors open 9:00am
Where: London HO Racing Club, Churchfields Play & Resource Centre, Churchfields, Great Cambridge Road (southbound A10), near Harrow Drive, London, N9 9NQ

Full directions and links to local hotels etc are on www.eahorc.com in the schedule section. Come down the A10 heading south and turn into the unmarked road immediately after Harrow Drive

Inital entry:

Lee Henderson
Lee Taylor
Paul Homewood
David Hannington
Andy Player
Deane Walpole
Craig Homewood
Al Wood
Clive Harland
Marc Townsend
Jim Easton
Rob Lees
John Ovens
Andy Whorton
Paul Whorton
Tony Molloy
Mike Dadson
Julian Allard
Roy Masters
Paul Roach

Please let me know if you intend to attend. Bear in mind it is the Jubilee holiday weekend.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Latest entry list

Lee Taylor
Paul Homewood
David Hannington
Andy Player
Deane Walpole
Craig Homewood
Lee Henderson
Al Wood
Clive Harland
Marc Townsend
Jim Easton
Paul Rose
Rob Lees
John Ovens
Andy Whorton
Paul Whorton
Tony Molloy
Mike Dadson
Julian Allard
Roy Masters
Paul Roach

· Banned
8,456 Posts
A few showdowns for Edmo:

Andy W needs 'about' 295 (a first and second) to Clinch the E-Cup, if he attends
He needs to finish in the top 8 in open wheel to clinch Prem grade
Craig needs 'about' a top six finish in Pro-Mod to clinch that title

The 'about' is because bonus points are awarded for participation levels.

LMP1, Main grade, promotion to Prem grade and demotion to Main Grade will only be decided at Worthing on July 1st.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Latest entry list:

David Hannington
Paul Whorton
Lee Henderson

Clive Harland
Marc Townsend
Deane Walpole
Andy Player
Craig Homewood

Rob Lees
Andy Whorton
Paul Rose

John Ovens
Julian Allard
Lee Taylor
Paul Homewood
Al Wood

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The track was done last night (Friday) as John O has been roped into a Jubilee thing today for Enfield Council. So please bear in mind it was built by three guys (Dave H, bless him, came over) after each having a tough day at work.

There is nothing wrong with the layout per se, and it has Ovens-flow stamped on it, but we never had time to sort out things like the very best spot for race control and the start line. It was a case, not so much of rushing, but of keeping things moving along. As it was I think I just about got in by midnight.

I think it will be a good meeting regardless, turnout of around 15-18, and there should be some cracking racing.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Paul - This season your points are carried over into things like the Tyco cup, the minors and the rookie cup, rather than have different points awarded for different things.

That way if you beat your nearest rival by one place, but put several non-rookies between you, the reward is more.

I keep seeing that three point gap, and feel for you. There is no way at all you can make it down to worthing? In some ways it would be better if Rob had a repeat of his day back in October, and made it academic. This assumes Jim is not coming to Worthing either of course....

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Paul - Lesson learned indeed. From now on if a driver feels their lane is down on power, it will be case of looking for a track break by eye and consulting with the previous user of that lane to see how it felt for them. Unless this happens in the first 2 laps the race will not be re-started. The track call rules sort of cover this but it is hard to write something that covers every eventuality.

As for Andy's other incident, it turns out under the current rules as well as the one for next season he could of called track as soon as he was riding the wrong lane.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Roll1 - I am working on the basis that when somebody calls track for a power loss, real or imagined, in the first two laps that it was probably there from the start. In that instance starting the race again would be the right course of action, but if it happens on lap 3 or 23 then that is a different matter.

Obviously some are not going to like this procedure, but at least there is one, that is the main thing. Track calls are a necessary evil, Martin called one that was right on the money, which saved both our cars from ending up as scrap I suspect, but there are times we get it wrong in the heat of the moment. Equally, there are times we hesitate when it would perhaps be better to play safe.

As for HONK, it is 5 cars crashing together that triggers a re-start. A unlikely scenario, and one I would not mind seeing so long as my car was not one of the five

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Rob - If you go to those procedure rules, 3.3 has a link to the track call section.

With the track fault calls, what I am trying to convey is that if the call comes early enough, in this case before the leader has crossed the line for the second time - it will trigger a re-start, after that the cars will remain in place whilst the track break/power loss is investigated....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.