SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

· Registered
1,187 Posts
Rather not talk about F1 was shocking performance by me!!!!

Sitting here at home being disappointed about a 3rd place only just over a lap behind Dave and 2nd quickest shows im going the right way. Need to control my nerves now so few things to try for Worthing. Will get there, I hope.

Well done Andy W on your championship victories. Hope to see Martin and Matty at more EAHORC races!!!

· Registered
701 Posts
Thanks to everyone who set up, organised and raced yesterday , really enjoyed the racing even if my personal highlights were in finals a little further up the alphabet than ideal.

What I took from the morning was how hot the pace is upfront, there is a large gaggle of us just coming up short but Andy's P and W, Clive, Craig and Mike D stand out in my mind (without checking the results) as the guys turning up with the right kit AND executing consistently

Congrats to the newly crowned champions and John Ovens and the Hill family, the performance of the former putting to bed my theory that I would do better if I concentrated on one scale. I would do better if I WAS better.

I feel for Andy P, that happiness is judged against expectation is one of the constants of the human condition but the better you are the luckier you get and Martin's frankly awesome performance, in light of the moving target that is Pro Mod tech, says everything about the guy. Legend.

Andy is the only guy who fully understands his car among the pro mod regulars I think so his days will come, I have to thank him for his advice and Clive for his help. I felt in the pro mod fight for the first time since the first visit to HONK and I wouldn't be anywhere close without them.

Finally great to see Matty getting involved and I love that a junior can come to EAHORC rounds, go racing and nobody bats an eyelid, other scales take note.......

· Registered
120 Posts
Great days Racings, Gratz to all the other winners!

I am quite frustrated by my F1 drive in the morning, I think the hang over pretty much put pay to good scores in my first 2 runs. Oh well, guess i will just have to enjoy main grade next year.

Deane, I am pretty sure that if lee does not go to WHO his drop score will be a 0 so he will beat me on points. If he does go to WHO i am pretty sure we will score enough to beat me! Oh well.

Out of interest why did the rookie scoring change this year? Last years looked different?

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Paul - This season your points are carried over into things like the Tyco cup, the minors and the rookie cup, rather than have different points awarded for different things.

That way if you beat your nearest rival by one place, but put several non-rookies between you, the reward is more.

I keep seeing that three point gap, and feel for you. There is no way at all you can make it down to worthing? In some ways it would be better if Rob had a repeat of his day back in October, and made it academic. This assumes Jim is not coming to Worthing either of course....

· Premium Member
996 Posts
A very enjoyable day of racing yesterday, so thanks to involved in the organisation and smooth running of the event.

Congratulations to all the winners but especially Paul Rose for what I suspect will be the first of many national mod/closed wheel victories.

Thanks to Julian for selling me the alternative Marchon chassis that I managed to move all my preferred parts into in about three minutes between my two pairs of heats! The chassis I bought at Gaydon just didn't seem to handle at all in my first two heats, so I was glad to at least but in a vaguely respectable showing in the blue lane with the new chassis from Julian. Not even the new chassis could help me in the yellow lane though...

· Registered
2,537 Posts
New lucky blue top Mr Hill? But with a classic F1 team emblazoned upon it. Excellent stuff!

Great video Mr Player. You looked too relaxed in the OW final. Only driver sitting down!!

· Registered
847 Posts
Great vids Andy well done

Another cracking day both me and Craig really enjoyed it. Great company on the journey there and home, good banter throughout the day and a real surprise
to see Mart and Matty again, and also to see Roy as well it t'was good to see you looking so well bud.

Thanks to John, Deane and Dave for setting up the track and another thank you to John for the refreshments.

O what to do next season we are both thinking? maybe pancakes!!!

Cheers
roll

Only downside was the debacle of the F1/Open wheel final, hopefully lessons learned. O yea and Paul R what was you thinking when you bought that T Shirt? as a father of a daughter that was probably the most offensive 1 I've seen, perhaps it's a sign I'm getting old but I would strongly suggest you don't wear it on your up and coming wedding day!

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Paul - Lesson learned indeed. From now on if a driver feels their lane is down on power, it will be case of looking for a track break by eye and consulting with the previous user of that lane to see how it felt for them. Unless this happens in the first 2 laps the race will not be re-started. The track call rules sort of cover this but it is hard to write something that covers every eventuality.

As for Andy's other incident, it turns out under the current rules as well as the one for next season he could of called track as soon as he was riding the wrong lane.

· Premium Member
3,814 Posts
OW incident - forget the track call, should it have been a restart? That was a handy 6 second lead I had in the bag after the other 3 had a poor start to the race.

In my afternoon final, it was other cars riding in my lane, twice. I was riding the lane I had chosen.

Two neo pro-mods on one lane with 1.2amps and both stop dead. At pro-mod speeds, it takes me quite a few moments to realise my car is not where it should be and quite a few more to locate it. Again, in a pro-mod race, that's a fair distance lost in a close race. The marshals, to give them credit, sorted things as quickly as they could. As a driver, I tend not to make track calls and, after some of the races on Sunday, I can appreciate why marshals preferred to keep the race flowing.

On the other hand, the two subsequent offs I had were entirely my fault. Without them it would have been even closer. I did enjoy the chase in that last 60 seconds and I really thought I'd pipped Mart at the end

· Registered
847 Posts
Consistency is the key, I was on the reverse end of a somewhat similar incident at HONK, although it wasn't a track fault, I was taken off at turn 2 (there was 3 of us I believe, which I always thought was a restart, this followed by some slow marshalling put me almost 1/2 a lap down) I requested a restart and some were very verbal that it wasn't a restart. It shouldn't be a case of he who shouts loudest gets the outcome he wants.

QUOTE (montoya1 @ 5 Jun 2012, 09:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Paul - Lesson learned indeed. From now on if a driver feels their lane is down on power, it will be case of looking for a track break by eye and consulting with the previous user of that lane to see how it felt for them. Unless this happens in the first 2 laps the race will not be re-started. The track call rules sort of cover this but it is hard to write something that covers every eventuality.

Writing rules must be an impossible task to allow for all incidents, but credit where credit is due it's the way issues are addressed and acted upon that counts and you can't be faulted in this respect Deane

Cheers
Paul

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.