Andy P213.33%
Deane00.00%
Marc960.00%
Clive16.67%
Somebody else320.00%

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
This will serve as the thread for Round 3 of the EAHORC 2011/12 National HO championship. A race report will appear here as well as links to Photos and result sheets, for now the thread will serve as an advert for the race.

This round will see EAHORC race on a permanent track for the first time. The track features some amazing sections, a very long straight, and killer elevation changes. Four lanes for now, expanding to six in the future, the track promises to become a 'must do' venue, so why not be there at the very beginning?

When: October 30th - 10:00am start, doors open 9:15am
Where: HO North Kent (HONK), Lordswood Industrial Estate, Gleaming Wood Drive, Chatham, Kent ME5 8RZ

(Not the venue we raced in last time)

Check out eahorc.com for directions including GPS coordinates for sat-navs.

Please let me know if you plan to attend. If you know what class you will be racing PM, or which F1 chassis AM, include that too...

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Initial entry list:

David Hannington
Deane Walpole
Marc Townsend
Clive Harland
Andy Whorton
Craig Homewood
Paul Homewood
Robin Cornwall
Andy Player
Gareth Winslade
John Ferrigno
Al Wood
John Ovens
Tony Molloy
Jon Cryer

·
Registered
337 Posts
I plan to attend.

F1 - Chassis: Probably a Mega G if I have one that has a bit of pace ( Terry the Tyco will hopefully get his well deserved rest)

Nascar - Chassis: 80 percent chance it'll be a Life Like T but with that super long straight I could be tempted to go back to the Super G. I believe my Johnny Lightning Nascar Body for the Super G will soon be sporting a SCD lexan clip to hold it on as it pings off far too easily in a crash

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The track won't be the first permanent HO track in the UK, that was this:

But it is still a very big deal to have one on the roster.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I'll be there. Mega G in the morning and then probably Nascar in the afternoon. LL-T and SG+ if I can make it/both/either/any of them quicker.

If Nascar doesn't happen then I'll be in Mod.

Hope Lee is going to make this one as I won't be at FLBT this weekend.

Deane, can you check your email as I sent you a couple of questions regarding the upcoming AFX order.

Cheers

Gareth

·
Registered
337 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 27 Sep 2011, 20:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The track won't be the first permanent HO track in the UK, that was this:

But it is still a very big deal to have one on the roster.

Who's track was this? Looks good.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 27 Sep 2011, 21:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not had anything Gareth.

Congrats on the news by the way.

Thanks mate. Another ultra Junior WHO racer!

My email just asked what the postage and customs charges were likely to be like. Although based on the news I should probably stop buying cars for a while!

·
Registered
337 Posts
QUOTE (Gareth @ 28 Sep 2011, 09:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks mate. Another ultra Junior WHO racer!

My email just asked what the postage and customs charges were likely to be like. Although based on the news I should probably stop buying cars for a while!

Congratulations Gareth. Wedding and a Bambino on the way sounds like your going to be a busy man for sometime

See you on Wednesday.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (RobinRacer @ 28 Sep 2011, 10:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Congratulations Gareth. Wedding and a Bambino on the way sounds like your going to be a busy man for sometime

See you on Wednesday.

Thanks Robin! Yep, I shall be a very busy man indeed.

I've got to knuckle down and complete all my slot building projects in the next few months.

Track
Mod cars
Monster Trucks
Monster Truck track
Speed Oval.

No pressure!

·
Registered
884 Posts
You can deitalicise me and Craig we'll be there, Mega G's, Pro Mod(s) & Mod in hand.

Congrats Gareth well done chap
Will your misses still wanna marry you next year though when she finds out you've got someone preggers do you think?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would like to come to this one please

·
Registered
648 Posts
Should be able to make this, will confirm on Sunday. Congrats on your news Gareth, was your telly broke???
No seriously congrats mate, looking forward to meeting you at the event.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Be great to meet you too Lee. Wish you hadn't mentioned the telly, it looks like it has just started going weird this second!

1 - 20 of 180 Posts