SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
996 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 25 Oct 2011, 12:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bear in mind that for Mod class you can run any gear ratio. Might be worth looking at an 8T pinion, or a 22T crown (7/22 in the standard Turno ratio, so maybe an SRT would be the thing to run, or the gears from one).

Conversely a 27T might be better for SCHORC.

Thanks for that! I shall have to investigate if I can get hold of such things in time for Sunday...

· Premium Member
996 Posts
Deane, that's much appreciated thanks! Don't worry, I always keep some superglue in my racing box. Do you order the BSRT parts from a shop in the states?

I think I will still spend some of this evening investigate what gearing I have on my other cars as I need to get into the tuning side of things more...

Since you suggested changing the gearing on my Marchon, I have been wondering if any of Tony, Jim and Paul H's mods have longer gearing than mine.

It will certainly be great to have some options to try and I'm also feeling far less intimidated by the length of the straights on Sunday's track!

Cheers

· Premium Member
996 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 26 Oct 2011, 16:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think the 20T axle for Al might be a bit nuts, but then BSRT made it so it can't be completely insane! If Al can get it to work we might see the unheard of sight of one car pulling 6' out of another on a straight. If he can deck the car so it is good around the corners (which nobody seems to be focusing on
) he could really fly.

(Or my hamfisted gears could throw a wobbly, they are not really meant for an oddball chassis like that, and I have no test track).

Anyway, good to see people playing around with ratios. I think Sunday will see some more of that, which is excellent.

It might be a bit nuts, but I am certainly willing to give it a go! Handling isn't usually a problem for my Marchon, problems only really occur when I get too excited...

Sunday is certainly going to be interesting!

· Premium Member
996 Posts
It was certainly a cracking days racing! I would also like to add my thanks to Tony for such an excellent facility, Dave for such a superb track and Deane for organising such a great meet and of course to all the EAHORC guys for providing such a friendly atmosphere and some fantastic competition.

Great to see all the photos and videos, well done guys!

I only have myself to blame for not doing the business in the mod final, but I was still pleased with 2nd. Also it was probably best not jeopardise my chance of a lift back to Cambridgeshire! The drive back was lots of fun with the SCHORC guys, I was almost crying with laughter at one point as we reminisced over the day's events.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.