SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

· Banned
8,456 Posts
This will serve as the thread for Round 3 of the EAHORC 2011/12 National HO championship. A race report will appear here as well as links to Photos and result sheets, for now the thread will serve as an advert for the race.

This round will see EAHORC race on a permanent track for the first time. The track features some amazing sections, a very long straight, and killer elevation changes. Four lanes for now, expanding to six in the future, the track promises to become a 'must do' venue, so why not be there at the very beginning?

When: October 30th - 10:00am start, doors open 9:15am
Where: HO North Kent (HONK), Lordswood Industrial Estate, Gleaming Wood Drive, Chatham, Kent ME5 8RZ

(Not the venue we raced in last time)

Check out eahorc.com for directions including GPS coordinates for sat-navs.

Please let me know if you plan to attend. If you know what class you will be racing PM, or which F1 chassis AM, include that too...

· Banned
8,456 Posts
QUOTE (RobinRacer @ 28 Sep 2011, 06:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Who's track was this? Looks good.

I don't know if you ever went to Riverside, Andy Brown-Searle's place with lots of permanent tracks.

The HO track was just one of them, but when the venture closed it was broken up.

The rumor is that 'the powers that be' in HO at the time knew of the track, but did not go up and support it or spread the word, for fear it would dilute their own influence and open people's eyes to hobby chassis and generally more sophisticated racing...

Andy came at it from the angle of a track in the style of the others, only smaller. They ran toy chassis on it, but also Wizzards. It is annoying to know there was a whole slew of people racing the scale that knew nothing of us and we of them. If people did keep us apart, that is just odious.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Updated entry list, separated by best guess at afternoon class:

Nascar

David Hannington
Robin Cornwall
Paul Whorton
Gareth Winslade
Andy Whorton (assuming LMP1 does not run)

Light-warpers

Deane Walpole
Marc Townsend
Clive Harland
Andy Player
Craig Homewood

Mod

John Ferrigno
Paul Rose
Paul Homewood
Lee Taylor
Al Wood

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Just reviewed my predictions for the last round:

Marc in Open Wheel, Jon in Pro, Paul H in Mod, David in Nascar, and Andy W in LMP1

So three right, and a fourth was close - I supsect if Andy had used his Open Wheel chassis he would of had a better lane for the A final and just sneaked it. I was well out with Marc, but I have faith he will win in that class soon.

For Chatham I will go for:

Craig in Pro-Mod, Marc in Open Wheel, Andy W in Nascar (if LMP1 does not run) and Paul H in Mod.

C'mon the rest of ya; get guessing! What is the worst that can happen, you'll look more septic peg than mystic meg?

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
It should be very easy with the 3D printers around now, not to mention the resin casters I knew nothing of back when I made the first blocks, to get your own holders made.

As for the magnets themselves they are nothing rare, so once you have the dimensions you should have no problem sourcing some very cheaply. For what it is worth the magnets I used were round with a dia of .187'' and thickness of 0.06'', which would suggest the squares are 1.5mm x 4.5mm x 4.5mm or 1.5mm x 4.75mm x 4.75mm.

Don't be fooled by color descriptions. All the small Neos I ever saw could be gold, silver or un coated...

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Latest entry list:

David Hannington
Deane Walpole
Marc Townsend
Clive Harland
Robin Cornwall
Andy Player
John Ferrigno
Andy Whorton
Paul Whorton
Al Wood
Lee Taylor
Craig Homewood
Paul Homewood
Paul Rose
Gareth Winslade
Darren McHarg
Callum Davidson
Josh Norris
Sam Norris
Matt Norris
John Ovens
Tony Molloy
Mike Dadson
John Chell
Rob Lees

Feel fry to chime in with what you will be running...

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
QUOTE (Gareth @ 21 Oct 2011, 12:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What do I need to do to convert my F1 car into an LMP....apart from the LMP body before anyone gets too smart! Anyone have any AJ hubs I can buy?

You can also use the stock front axle of course, but if you do ground the front tyres down as much as possible. G3 wheels with rubberband tyres would be good as well.

At the back, start lower than you think and work up, letting the stop-watch guide you rather than what feels nice/comfortable/smooth.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
QUOTE (marctownsend @ 21 Oct 2011, 13:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Deanes has had open endbell surgery,

Stiff chassis, stiffer front shoe springs, a range of axle/wheel/tyre combos to make switching between the L19s traction magnets and the Harden Creek bricks, as well as the just purchased LB Neos. Shims for those from Martech, some more B compound tyres, and next up a second body for blue/green/yellow lane.

As you can see I am taking this seriously.

v

v

v

v

Which should mean the car is not up in smoke until at least the second heat.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.