SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 180 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Walter has had his say again! This time it's Marlborough, and a smidge of Essex.
See the blog

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Latest entry list:

David Hannington
Deane Walpole
Marc Townsend
Clive Harland
Robin Cornwall
Andy Player
John Ferrigno
Andy Whorton
Paul Whorton
Al Wood
Lee Taylor
Craig Homewood
Paul Homewood
Paul Rose
Gareth Winslade
Darren McHarg
Callum Davidson
Josh Norris
Sam Norris
Matt Norris
John Ovens
Tony Molloy
Mike Dadson
John Chell
Rob Lees

Feel fry to chime in with what you will be running...

· Registered
701 Posts
Wow that's looking pretty healthy.

I shall be mega g ing in the morning and Slottech T1 pro modding in the pm if the class runs, otherwise I shall be LMPing

· Registered
847 Posts
Next weekend I shall be mostly Mega G'ing (hopefully using the right chassis unlike at Marlborough!) in the morning and being a Mod in the PM with my newly painted F40 which, has to be said, is looking a little naked at present but will be clothed soon when Mr P's decals arrive from Oz

Craig will be Mega G'ing and Pro Modding with his tweeked G3

· Registered
2,537 Posts
I shall be Mega G racing in the morning and then the afternoon I'm not sure. My usual EAHORC Nascar will suffer terribly on the long straights of the layout so may not be the ideal weapon. I've not done any testing of my new Frankenchon mobile and it doesn't have a decent body on it. I'll have to have a tinker with some bits before then and make a decision.

What do I need to do to convert my F1 car into an LMP....apart from the LMP body before anyone gets too smart! Anyone have any AJ hubs I can buy?

· Premium Member
650 Posts
Gareth,

You should not need to do much to your MG chassis to make it good for LMP.
Some 0.422 or 0.426 tyco supertires should get you going well.
I found 0.418's were too small and the car was loosing speed on the straights.
I then raised the back up to find a sweet spot.
This was on standard hubs.

andy

· Registered
701 Posts
Great!! Craigs car has beeen tweaked and Deanes has had open endbell surgery, meanwhile my poor little T1 that was cutting edge for literally 15 mins remains unchanged. This could get expensive.

Gareth if you are after DF hubs of the same size I have some BSRT ones but if you're after smaller ones I'm down to my last pair myself.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
QUOTE (Gareth @ 21 Oct 2011, 12:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What do I need to do to convert my F1 car into an LMP....apart from the LMP body before anyone gets too smart! Anyone have any AJ hubs I can buy?

You can also use the stock front axle of course, but if you do ground the front tyres down as much as possible. G3 wheels with rubberband tyres would be good as well.

At the back, start lower than you think and work up, letting the stop-watch guide you rather than what feels nice/comfortable/smooth.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
QUOTE (marctownsend @ 21 Oct 2011, 13:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Deanes has had open endbell surgery,

Stiff chassis, stiffer front shoe springs, a range of axle/wheel/tyre combos to make switching between the L19s traction magnets and the Harden Creek bricks, as well as the just purchased LB Neos. Shims for those from Martech, some more B compound tyres, and next up a second body for blue/green/yellow lane.

As you can see I am taking this seriously.

v

v

v

v

Which should mean the car is not up in smoke until at least the second heat.

· Registered
2,537 Posts
Thanks for the tips on the LMP cars guys. Very useful. Is it still legal to use the Wizzard front end? My car is a Martech so I don't have a regular front axle.

Also, can I borrow an LMP body?
I've not 100% decided on what to run as yet but I do feel I'll be marginally more competitive in LMP as my Nascar is only going to be a front runner on tracks with shorter straights.

Marc, thanks for the offer but I'll order some more from the States. I always seem to need them!

I must check the Mod rules as well to make sure my strange creation is legal. Not even sure if it'll be competitive as yet as I've never run it!

· Registered
2,537 Posts
I've covering my bases! I've got a couple of second hand LL-Ts to test to see if they run quicker than my current motor. If they do, I'll flip the motor into my regular chassis and then I'm in Nascar....assuming it runs.

Diesel gave me some MR-1 MkII magnets as I'd bought a car and it turned up without them. I also have an MkI which is rubbish and has a stripped crown gear. I noticed the rear axle was bent and a bit junk on the yellow chassis so it is now fitted with a Turbo motor, Turbo pinion and Turbo rear axle including crown. However rolling non-powered tests reveal the crown is scraping on the track so I'm going to fit LL-T rims see how that goes.

I couldn't get an SG+ crown into the car so hopefully it is fast with the Turbo drivetrain!!

Robin and I are also thinking along the samelines for a budget pro-mod but I won't have the parts for mine until after the meeting so it'll have to wait.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Brilliant.

And it does not clash with any lanes colours, not mastersgreen coming up at the two Norfolk meetings, or even black which will make it's debut (hopefully) at the end of April.

I still think Andy Player has the best looking Mega-G (apart from my one that lives in the safe
), but it is bloody close.

· Registered
2,537 Posts
I have prepped myself a Mod car! I've not tested it beyond making sure the motor runs. The gears don't always mesh so I could do with a bit of tuning on it. And I've had to change the wheels tonight so I hope they stay on!

And I've done a bit of modding on this MS body (which was my favourite of all my MS cars) to fit the chassis. It turns out that this is one of the only MS bodies I had that had the right wheel length.

Looks awesome doesn't it!

Just some small balsa strips to hold it in place.

41 - 60 of 180 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.