SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you please remind me if you are involved in setting up for this on the Saturday.

We plan to have an extended demo track, the same display stuff as last time, at least one drag strip, and tables showing off HO items from AFX (and possibly Hornby).

Andy - if you want to bring your Bullring that would be cool.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot about the train.

If you are bringing the dragstrip, how many tables does it need (I make it 4) for the run, and how many to slow down? It features a dead section after the line, right?

There was some talk of having 2 strips, I guess your namesake was thinking of bringing his.

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
For a scale drag strip, these are the dimensions:

1/4 mile = 20.625 feet (16 straights + 7.5")
1/8 mile = 10.3125 feet (8 straights + 3.75")

Plus a few straights to slow down. The dead section cuts power and depends on magnet strength to slow the cars down.

We could do two drag strips, one with the AW cars and one with pro-mods maybe? I have a couple of P3 chassis that are surplus to requirements

If I finish the bullring to the point that it's fully-functional and looks spectacular, I might just have to borrow/hire a car for the weekend...

I could bring some X-tractions to run on it.

Are we planning on doing some demo races? Four pro-mods in capable hands racing on the demo track will look very cool

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could you tie up with Dave somehow? Pass the stuff for the dragstrip to him at HONK for example (Then collect at Edmo)?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andy - did you get my texts earlier?

What percentage of the room from last year do you estimate the extended demo track will need to sit in?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is anyone else setting-up, I was sure there was more than three of us?

I need to know so I can organise wrist bands....

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tickets are on sale now, is anyone from the HO community coming on the Sunday?

I was hoping the clashing AVHORA date would be moved in the spirit of that community, but it looks a lost cause....

·
Registered
331 Posts
I will be there to help with the setting up. I seem to remember that Clive has booked a hotel for himself and Marc so i assume that they will be there as well.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 10 Mar 2012, 07:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was hoping the clashing AVHORA date would be moved in the spirit of that community, but it looks a lost cause....

That is rich coming from someone's whose Nationals have clashed with the NSCC swapmeets time and time again!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Actually, many times it has been the other way around.

But more to the point this is two (you and I in this case, since Julian seems to get no say) guys from the HO world, rather than one and organisers of long standing swappies who won't take much notice of race meets generally when planning their dates.

You often speak of more unity in the HO community, choosing to clash with the Festival does not put words into action.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (trenchtownbilly @ 10 Mar 2012, 10:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will be there to help with the setting up. I seem to remember that Clive has booked a hotel for himself and Marc so i assume that they will be there as well.

That was my recollection too, but I was not sure.

I assume you will be OK to man one of the HO displays part of the Sunday? Unlike last year it should all work out that we get time to look around the rest of the show.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts