SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
My favorite radio show calls it "the race for the chase for the cup for the thing" and that kind of sums it up for me.

Much great sense spoken by Deane and Andy, my kids watch each Grand Prix as if it is the most important race they have ever seen because they haven't been sold the championship product yet. I'm jealous. In racing we only have Le Mans and the Indy 500 left where a win can eclipse a championship like the FA Cup used to.

Championships only existed in the first place to ensure everybody turned up to each event and these artificial constructs exist to encourage folk to watch every round. Is that what we need? I go to every round I can, did anybody stay away from WHO because it was a dead rubber for them? I don't know?

But back to HO, Clive has a great saying "what problem are we trying to solve"

·
Registered
730 Posts
Oh definitely, I know how I come across sometimes but all I'm asking Lee is what is it for? Testing the foundations of the idea if you like.

I always thought the chase would be more credible if they ran 4 championships for short tracks, 1.5 mile, superspeedways(inc pocono and indy) and road courses including addding one more. Then the top 6 from each division not qulifying from another division, plus all race winners not qulifying on points, qualify for a four race play off, one on each type of track. Then I would see a point to it.

The question for me is why first then how?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts