SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new member here, seeking assistance.

I recently inherited my father's collection; it’s been in storage for the past 50+ years. I have no idea about the working condition or value. Not looking to cash in, rather get a fair price and let someone enjoy it instead of getting packed away for the next 30 years. If there is no value to these items, that’s helpful to know as well.

The track was purchased in France, likely ’62-63. The GT40, Cobra, and the spare parts were likely purchased in ’65-66 here in the USA.

Looking forward to the forum’s thoughts and comments.

I’m located in Shenandoah County, Virginia.

Thanks in advance.

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design

Rectangle Publication Recreation Font Hood

Tire Hood Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

Wood Gas Shelving Bag Luggage and bags

·
Administrator
10,631 Posts
Hi Eagle,

The Strombecker box, track and cars probably have minimal value, altho the cars seem to be in good condition and well painted. The XKE Jag and D Type are pretty common models.

I would guess the Ford GT and Cobra are by another manufacturer, probably Revell for the Cobra. Those would be worth more and would be worth listing separately. Just make sure you include shots of the bottoms of all cars for positive ID and to see the actual condition.

You could also list the box and parts separately as another lot, since there are some useful items in there. Are the motors still in the boxes? That's the kind of thing you have to specify.

Was your dad based in France in the early 60s? Probably not a lot of French sets in the USA! But sets in general aren't worth that much. Of course, lots of kids started out with Strombecker, so there is some interest.

Don

·
Registered
321 Posts
The Strombecker box, track and cars probably have minimal value,
Agree, especially on the track. It’s the early track with the thin aluminum rails. You can see in the picture it’s suffering from the common detachment. If someone has their heart set on Strombecker track, there is no shortage of the track with the improved rails easily sourced.

About the box. Ive known a few Strombecker collectors who might like the novelty of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts