SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
Hello Everyone.
The rules and entry format are detailed below.
The basic format established by Mac P has been retained with only minor changes, all measurements are in metric and the entry format has been changed.
Cars.
Dedicated GP or F1 cars only. No Indy,Stripped Sport Cars or Voiturette's.
Scale.
1/32 +/- 1.5 mm. Ground clearance, min 2mm
Construction
In Line motor configuration only. Build components from any era may be used. No Streamliners. If cars such as Lancia/Ferrari are built please do not fit a full width metal chasis.
Bodies.
Resin, GRP, wood or plastic hard bodies only - No lexan or vac formed bodies.
If an obscure car is built, it would be welcome, but the entrant must provide drawings and supporting literature for the scrutineers. If in doubt,ask.
Guide Position
The guide must not be visible, when the car is viewed from above, in the direction of travel.
Wheels and Tyres
Black rubber only. No silicon or sponge.
Dimensions
Cars upto and including 1951
Rear tyres Min dia. 24mm
Front tyres Min dia. 21.5mm
Max O/A tyre width 7.00 mm. Measured across the sidewalls of the tyre.
Cars from 1952 upto and including 1960
Rear tyres Min dia. 21.5 mm
Front tyres Min dia. 19mm
Max O/A tyre width 7.5mm Measured across the sidewalls of the tyre.
Race Format
3 min. heat on each lane. Top two drivers covering the greatest number of laps,automatically qualify for the 50 lap final.
Step ladder finals. Winner progressing to the next heat.
Track
The International Track will be used. It is planned to complete some minor reconfiguring before the event.
Concours
A panel will be appointed to judge the cars. Cars will be required to run in one race during the meeting.
Entries
1.Everyone who has attended a Wolves Classic meeting this year, will be eligible to enter, by registering their interest and paying the entry fee of £7 by Dec 10
2.Anyone who has never attended a Wolves Classic will be offered a place,if they register their interest and pay the entry fee of £7 by Dec 10
3.Any places left will be made available to anyone who registers their interest by Dec.10
To register, either post, pm me, personal contact, or by phone 07740 717140
To enter.
Please send a cheque or PO or cash(in person) for £7
Cheques and PO should be made payable to "Wolverhampton Scalextric Club" please include your name and address.
Send to
Malcolm Scotto
Aylton
73 Broad Street
Bilston
West Midlands
WV 14 0BZ
We look forward to another memorable event.
Thankyou
Malcolm

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hi
Update on paid and confirmed entries, which are;
Mike Thompson
Bryan King
Dave Collins
Paul Cash
Owen Cooper
Dave Lawson
Eddie Grice
Paul Elliott
Ralp Parker
Stan Comley
Simon James
Rob Wallader
Bill Charters
Lewis Gough
Phil Field
Martin De'Ath
Nick Huxley
Rob Davies
John Moxon
Roy Pritchards
Dick Smith
Dave Wisdom
Phil Insull
Ian Fitzpatrick
Tony Condon
Mick Kerr.
Paul Leyshon
Dave Lowe
Ross Tromans
If I have missed anyone,who has paid please contact me ASAP. 07740 717140,
Anyone who wants a place should get their payment to me ASAP.
Entries,from now on, will be accepted on a first come policy. Please attach a note with your address and contact no.on,please.
If those staying over,will let me know,I will arrange a meal for the Sat.night.
I will be on holiday from 27 Jan till 4 Feb.,and will deal with any late entrieson my return.
Cheers
Malcolm

Entries will be accepted on a first come policy.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Hello
Sorry for taking so long to respond to the questions raised.
Mike Wall....Have your cheque and your entry is confirmed.The cheque was mixed in with those for the Saloon event.Sorry.
Tony Condon......The hotel favoured is the Premier Inn North, Moseley Green.Wolverhampton. I will include you in the group for the meal.
Jon......Yes I have your cheque,entry confirmed,thankyou.
I have also received payment from,
Chris Adams
Pete Emery
Mike Buss
Mike Dove
Andy White
Dave Capelin
Mark Witham
Mick Langridge
Alexis
Maria
Colin Spark
All the above have an entry.
I will pen a final list early next week once I have cleared up a few queries. No, I did not say qu.....
An addition to this years event will be a facility by which anyone who has any slot car related items, they may wish to sell,can bring them along.A table will be provided,which a club member will monitor,limited to 5 items. No charge will be made for the facility. It would help if anyone wishes to use the facility, let me know, before the day.
Looking forward to seeing you all once again.
Malcolm

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Hello Graham
Sorry to learn of Pam's health problems. Hope the treatment works, and she makes a full recovery. I have not heard from Dave Jones.
We will miss you but hopefully you will be able to make a future meeting.
Best wishes
Malcolm and the Team
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Saturday Evening Meal List
I have todate,
Jon Grainger
Graham Boulton
Andy White
Mike Buss
Mike Dove
Tony Condon
Phil
Judith
Myself,
I have not heard from,
Alexis
Maria
Dick Smith
Mark Witham
Mick Landridge
Please let me know if you wish to join us at the meal.
There is room, if anyone else wishes to join us.
Thanks
Malcolm
xxxxxxxxxx
Hello Dave
Sorry to learn that you and Paul can not make the event. Both of you will be missed,and the cars too.Hopefully you will be able to make a future event
Best wishes
Malcolm and the Team

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Hello
Saturday meal update,
Dave Capelin,Dick Smith,Mark Witham,Mick Landridge,Maria and Alexis added.
Total 15. Table booked for 8pm, at the Table Table restaurant next to the Premier Inn.
Earlier slot not available.
Will collect a menu so that we can select starters beforehand, hopefully reducing waiting time.
Be seeing you.
Malcolm

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Hi
Thanks Phil, for posting the openning times.
Just a note on car parking.
Not everyone will be able to find a space on the club car park,on Sunday.There is additional parking 100yds further down the access road.No charge and it will be open all day.
There will be tea and coffee on Saturday and if required a run to the local chiippy will be organised around 1pm.
If you need any further information contact me 07740 717140
Be seeing you.
Malcolm.

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Hi
I have to place on record my thanks to the Wolves members who contributed to making the event meet all my expectations, starting on Friday night when members stayed back to erect tables and move furniture into storeage, to make room for the Pits. Kev,Matt,Nick and Lewis.
On Saturday in addition to the support of Bill and Rob D getting started on scrutineering,Sam hovered the longe right through and helped prepare the kitchen.
Phil for organising the Concours. Rob W for assisting with Race Control and loading the computer with 40 names.
The two framed A4 GP pictures awarded to the Concours and Race winners were organised by Paul G and Ian J, who had spent Saturday chasing down an extra frame.
When everyone had departed the clean up started.Within 2 hrs and with the support of Roy,Nick, Lewis and Phil we had the place ready for the Youth Club to use on Monday.
Without this level of member support and interest there would be no meetings.
Thank you all.
Malcolm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.