SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Jon Grainger
3,547 Posts
Evening gents,

I'm planning my builds for EB's, and I've dug out a Ferrari 500 F2 shell, raced in 1952/'53. I wanted some confirmation, as in these years, the cars where run to F2 regulations. The rules state - 'Dedicated GP or F1 cars only. No Indy,Stripped Sport Cars or Voiturette's.' Am I right in presuming that this means F2 cars, for '52 and '53?

No doubt a stupid question, showing my inexperience!

· Jon Grainger
3,547 Posts
Hi gents,

Looking forward to this meeting, but it has been a little quiet with photos of what we are building and running? Come on guys, get them cameras out!

Here is my car for EB's, a Ferrari 500 F2, from the 1952 French Grand Prix. It is based on the car used in practice. Not much left to do, just finishing off the shading and washes on the driver, finishing the suspension, changing the spinners to 2-eared items and lightly weathering the exahust. Hopefully will have it done over the weekend.

I've just finished designing the dials for the car too. As I couldnt find anything else suitable, they have all been made from scratch using very simple programs on the computer, including PowerPoint 7, and a free program called Paint.net.

They will be printed on viynl, so they will be just peel and stick straight onto the dashboard.

From Left To Right, we have the Rev Counter, Fuel Guage, Oil Temperature Guage, Oil Pressure Guage, and the ACO Temperature Guage. (I think PhotoBucket has compressed them within an inch of their life, but they look good high-res!)

See you in a few weeks!
Regards
Jon

· Jon Grainger
3,547 Posts
Since the last photos here, I have done some more work on the Ferrari, including polishing the exhuast, fitted the suspension front and rear, fitted the guide (and tested the car). Also, I have weathered the driver and bought out the highlights and the creases in his overalls, and looks pretty good. Today I finished the windscreen which will be attached at the end of the build. Here are some new photos shot this morning:

· Jon Grainger
3,547 Posts
I travelled over yesterday afternoon, and had a nightmare journey. One that should take two and half, took five and a half, just every single holdup seemed to affect me.

Car is finished, and looking forward to the weekend. I know it won't be the fastest car there, but it does handle well, so I'm just going to pootle round and enjoy the event.

See you in the morning
Jon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.