Stick me down for a bash at this
i,ll pay you at bills meet later this month

Cheers tony

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
Hi Guys
My two pennorth for what its worth
I believed that the rules had ruled out voiturettes
If that is the case then that rear engined porsche should not be allowed to race as it is an F2 car ,and they are voiturettes
The ferrari 500 raced in a period where F2 ,(the voiturette formula) for two years 52/53 became Formula 1 and raced for the FIA formula 1 World championship
The same could be said for Gordini ,maserati a6, HWM ,connaught et all
THe rear engined alfa never raced ,,but was designed as a voiturette and although that class was elevated to F1 after the war the alfa never raced and therefore remains a voiturette
Re the Rear engined vanwall .it didn,t race till `1961 so it is out of period any way and therefore can't race

Cheers tony

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
Hi Guys
One of the cars i could bring to early birds is my 1939 multi union
is that car eligible ,if its not I wont waste any time prepping it for the event
It was known more as a brooklands car but did have success at road circuits like donnington and phoenix park
What do you reckon?

Cheers tony

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
Hi Phil /pete/mick
The decision on the multi union is fine
The situation with the other cars is becoming somewhat surreal
Pete .The reason why the porsche is banned is because in the time limit that these rules encompass ie pre 1960 the porsche was only ever a Formula 2 car ,not a Grand prix car whereas the cooper t51 /t53 and the lotus 18 were all full 2.5 litre GP cars
The voiturette situation is more murky
For sure when the ERAs were raced in the 30s they were voiturettes however after WW2 when the formula for f1 changed to 1.1/2 litre S/c and 4.1/2 litre unsupercharged then all those 1930s voiturettes became full F1 cars
So if you are going to let alfa 158s ,maserati 4cls run then logically you should let ERAs run
after all they actually took part in the 1950 monaco GP.
The alfa 512 in addition to being a rear engined car
it too was designed as a Voiturette but since it never raced at all it must forever remain a voiturette ,not having had the chance to make the big time and take part in the F! races .
Incidentally phil i have no axe to grind one way or the other on this as I dont have ERAs or any other voiturettes for this event

Cheers tony

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
Hi Guys
Can you please put me down for the saturday night meal
Additionally what is the hotel of choice this year ?
If you let me know I,ll book a room

Cheers tony

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
Hi Mal
thanks for that
I,ll book a room at the premier (hope its not the one with the onboard lenny hemry)
Also I would be able to use a bit of space on your sales table
hope you had a good holiday

Cheers tony

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
hi owen
nice tribute to mike,well done look forward to seeing it next week

cheers tony

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
Hi
Just
a quick thank you to mal ,phil bill robbie and ian fo rmaking it an enjoyable and well run meet

cheers tony

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
Hi alexis
Nice Piccys ,even if I dont look too happy at being "papped "
Its great that you and maria take the time to do a photo diary of the weekend
Well done

cheers tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.