1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, from the project pile

have been working on some great little Sanwa kits from back in the day

i am trying to recall when these would have been released

for some reason i thought '50s, but that may be too early???

can someone please advise? - thanks very much

drivers are not original to the kits of course - but plenty more pics at my blog for reference

and i scanned each decal sheet in in hi-res thinking others may want to use them for their own scratch decals too
a bit crude but oozing 'vintage charm' all the same

thanks, Ron

sanwa 1/32 kits

·
redstar
1,602 Posts
Hi Ron,i believe these cars were made around the early 1960s.the mg is almost the same as the tokyo plamo slotcar.the slot cars are rather hard to find.you can see them on my website.just google bernards slot cars.a nice collection you have there.bernard

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info Bernard -

yes i saw the ones on your fabulous web page !! great work sharing all that info by the way

i think that tokyo plamo and sanwa were the same company ...

anyhow yes they are fun to tinker with

cheers, Ron

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Could well be, and the best way to find out is to have the Sanwa static kits and the Tokyo-Plamo kits looked upon by a person with Japanese language knowledge and compare the addresses et. that might be on the boxes...
Sanwa made lots of static kits in the early 1960's, especially of Japanese WW2 aircraft and ships. I am not aware of Sanwa as a tinplate toys company before the plastic kits began appearing. However, their plastic model kits were rather crude, and so are the earliest Tokyo-Plamo kits, so who knows...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.