SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of the really early push button controllers (see pic) but am unsure whether it was ever included within any sets or whether the power pack and controller were sold seperately?

Am I right in thinking the controller mated to the battery pack hidden within a cardboard building?

Finally, does anyone know the part number for the controller and also the battery pack?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi, I've got a few early tinplate sets which featured the above push button controller, They were certainly included in these sets with their own section within the box. I imagine they were available individually also?

·
Registered
93 Posts
recently picked up one of these controllers and the cardboard 'battery cover ' building

would love to get it up & running - does anyone know what the battery type was & can you still buy them ?

Cheers

Paul.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
I haven't seen those batteries for a few years! they would have given 13.5volts, the nearest I would think now would be to utilise a 12v mobility scooter or golf cart battery, at least you would be able to re-charge that, you may even find one that would sit in the box

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Definitely not worth it, and you need three, my 1963 set also suggests three of those if you didn't have a transformer!

For the experience, hook the controller up to a transformer and yyou will at least have the same feel as the first owners

·
Registered
167 Posts
I remember it well, 30mins of racing, then leave for an hour for another 10-15mins...., I would recommend a 12v motor cycle battery the actual voltage fully charged is 13.2v.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts