SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 526 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum, so I introduce myself quickly.Sorry for my english and thanks to google traduction !
I am about forty years old, I fell in the slot family 3 years ago offering a Scalextric track to my son. Ok the gift was also for dady !
Today we have a digital scalextric track 4 lanes of about 18m.

Initially we used mostly the RCS of the C7042 for our small races, but it is still quite limited in terms of race management.
As my job is in development, I quickly tried the different RCS software, there are very good things, notably PCLC or SSDC but for our family use I did not find it suitable : Unfriendly interfaces, too much configuration etc.
So I said to myself that we are never as well served as by ourselves, so I developed my own racing management application.
I come on this forum, not to advertise it because it is totally free, but rather to talk about it with other enthusiasts.

Main objectives of the project:

Have a nice soft to use, simple, with a game-oriented look, tactile use possible. My laptop is tactile and it s handy.
Add game modes and variations to what is traditionally done.
Actually, the application has everything I need for my use:
- Management of pilots and vehicles
- Game mode : Training, Qualification, Endurance, GP, Solo
- Management of standard parameters: Max power, dynamic brake by pilot.
- Multi-driver teams for endurance races
- Constant and / or variable autonomous cars
- Fuel management - optional
- Tire management with impact on acceleration and / or braking capacities - optional
- Vehicle general condition management with impact on performance - optional
Damage inflicted on track calls - optional
Damage caused during random incidents : breakdowns, punctures etc. whose frequency is adjustable - optional
- Driver monitor interface to adjust settings during race : penality, max power, brake etc.

The list of features is not exhaustive and it evolves over uses and new ideas.
The app is completely free, no ads, no limit of use
Here are some screenshots :

For those interested the software can be downloaded here: http://esrm.fr
FaceBook Page : https://www.facebook.com/ESRM-Easy-Slot-Rac...85642504/posts/

At installation time if you have a warning that the app is potentially dangerous, do not panic it is simply that it is not signed with a paid certificate and therefore not recognized. Nevertheless it is clean, without virus nor anything of this kind.

If some are interested in the subject. I am open to all requests

David

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are rigth, language is a barrier !

The soft is in English or French, depends on OS Culture
I must progress in English to traduce site and Facebook page, I am working on it !

·
ParrotGod
10,566 Posts
nice interface and I really like the idea of multiple drivers on the same team for endurance race.
I will be curious to know how it works: eg during the pit stop for changing tyres and fuel I can also set the name of the driver that is going to run the next stint Is this going to be used on some postrace stats e.g. who set the best lap time and in which stint/lap, total drive time for each driver, how much fuel each driver used etc.

However, for us here in auckland what makes a software interesting is also the simulation of weather and that is why we love RCS64.
Do you have any plans to add weather simulation and its effects on tyre wear and performance in the near feature?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your comments.
The principle is to set a relay duration.
At the end of the relay it is necessary to stop at the stand and during refueling the pilot is changed automatically. For the moment the order of passage of the pilots is fixed.
At the end of the race there are statistics by drivers: best times, average, number of laps, number of accidents, number of pit stops. It is possible to add other statistics puts at the moment I had not had the request.

Why not add the notion of random weather and tire types, this does not seem very complicated.
How to choose the type of tires? Automatically according to time or manually?
It is very interesting and I will look into it.

I forgot to say that the software in its current version is quite resource intensive because of the display with transparency management. Old PCs may have trouble turning it.

·
ParrotGod
10,566 Posts
I would make it optional how the different drivers on a team have to rotate. Also it might be the case that a driver stint might be longer than what it takes to use up all the fuel and the tyres - mining that a driver might do more pitstops for fuel up or change tyres.
Just out of curiosity: how long did it take you to implement these current version of the program? And which programming language are you using?
What would be really nice is if you could join Marcel and Martin to give them a hand with RCS64...but this is a different story.

·
Registered
198 Posts
This looks really really good!

Will it support smart sensor, for pit-lane and sector timing? contact Kaare for info: http://smartracing.dk/

on of the things I would like is the ability to arrange drivers in folders: family, frends, etc. for easy access of the right group of people.

Looking forward to see where this I going!

Best Peter

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Looks really nice, I will be watching this one.
I always favour true free apps.

If you need help with the english versions let us know.

ps - so weird having to type I will instead of the contraction, or it wont work.
maybe the AI has taken over!!!

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Looks fantastic on the screenshots.

Downloaded from your French site and opens on Windows 10

However it is intermittent on recognising the APB.
I am also assuming you have to load images into a particular folder, as I get an error when trying to load a photo that the path is not available.

Any thoughts of introducing my current pet time eater.... start lights?

Great job Sir

·
Registered
507 Posts
GRUNZ
Just out of curiosity: how long did it take you to implement these current version of the program? And which programming language are you using?
What would be really nice is if you could join Marcel and Martin to give them a hand with RCS64...but this is a different story.

I started this project about a year ago but I was only able to work for two months, in the evening and the weekends.
Then I renovated a house for 10 months and I just resume development. About a month ago.I think there are about 200 hours of work but is approximate.
For the moment it will be complicated for me to work with a team but we could discuss it.

Singer
on of the things I would like is the ability to arrange drivers in folders: family, frends, etc. for easy access of the right group of people.
It s a very good idea, I note it!

Minardi
The RCS team is open for collaboration.
Thank you ! How would you see things? Are we talking about it by e-mail?

WoodingBoys
However it is intermittent on recognising the APB.
You have problems connecting to the PB? Could you explain to me in more detail?

I am also assuming you have to load images into a particular folder, as I get an error when trying to load a photo that the path is not available.
Any thoughts of introducing my current pet time eater.... start lights?
Sorry for my English, I am not sure I understand. You mean that you would like to know if I could start light at the start of a race?
If so why not!

RacingSnake
Took a couple of attempts to download as Windows and Avast did not like the look of it. Now the download is complete the application will not open from the shortcut on my desktop. Running on Windows 8.1 64bit.

I only tested the application on two PCs, one under Windows 7 and the other under Windows 10. No worries about me. Would not it be your antivirus that blocks the application?

SnowManf
If you need help with the english versions let us know.
Why not !!! You are talking french ?
ps - so weird having to type I will instead of the contraction, or it wont work.
maybe the AI has taken over!!!
Sorry I don t understand. Can you explain ?

Thank you for your messages and encouragement. I will try to get to work this we!

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Sorry ESRM for not being clear.

Connectivity to APB:

Both RCS64 and SSDC can connect to my APB when I open them in turn.
I have APB connected in via Com4.
When I open ESRM it can sometimes connect to the PB. Then within about 1 min, ESRM loses the PB connection and them I am unable to reconnect using the configuration.
If I then close ESRM and open RCS64 or SSDC, they both connect to the PB immediately.

When I try to load an image of a Pilot I click on an image on the PC in the Pictures folder and after OK ESRM tells me it cannot find the Part of the Path.

I would like to connect to external Start Lights like these

However I understand that your application is meant to be simple, which is very good so the start lights might be more complex.

Great work.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hello,

I just uploaded a new version to fix the connection problem with the PB.
It is now possible to modify the "Latency" parameter of the serial port without having a problem of disconnection.

On the other hand I started the work of implementation of a weather system with the menu:
- 5 types of tires: Soft, medium, Hard, Intermediate, Wet.
- 10 Weather Level: Sunny, SunnyCloudy, Thinning, Covered, SunnyRain1, SunnyRain2, Raining, NightClear, NightCloudy, NightRain
- Temperature of the air and of the track which changes according to time and weather
- tire wear which varies according to the weather and the temperature of the track

The work is already well started, I will tell you more later!

1 - 20 of 526 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.