SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would like to bid on some slot items on ebay in Germany and Spain, but I'm only literate in English. I live in the U.S. I need a person or persons to be a go between. Translating auctions is the biggest part and assisting with payments and shipping if needed. Having a Paypal account would be useful as I think this is the fastest way to send money to Europe.
Anyone wishing to help just contact me and all assistance will be appreciated.
Thanks for your time.
Rick
email: hice.rl verizon.net

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
I have recently bought stuff on ebay from France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, the US and Hong Kong. All worked out fine, but many Europeans don't take PayPal. Best to look for the logo before you bid. Also check they are happy to mail outside their country.

On line translators will give you most of the text and you can e-mail them in English before bidding if you are still unsure. Chances are they can speak English (aren't we lucky) and if not then you either wait for another similar item to be listed or take your chances.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I never new about bable fish it works pretty good. I've used paypal for 6 years, but as was mentioned most European sellers don't use it. How do you go about paying for these auctions like in Spain.
Again Thanks for the help!
Rick

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Bank transfer (can be expensive) or send cash. For small amounts (50 euro) it's relatively safe.

G

·
Bank transfer (can be expensive) or send cash. For small amounts (50 euro) it's relatively safe.

I've sent money via bank transfer before, which hasn't cost me a penny ! you just need a few numbers from there bank, IBAN number, Swift Code, account number and name of account holder, simply,

There's also other online options as well as paypal, which might be worth looking at.

Geoff

·
Registered
166 Posts
QUOTE I've sent money via bank transfer before, which hasn't cost me a penny ! you just need a few numbers from there bank, IBAN number, Swift Code, account number and name of account holder, simply,

IBAN or SWIFT codes are OK (ie free!) if you are transferring in the correct currency. However if you are paying in one currency to be received in another then both banks are liable to charge for the currency conversion. The MGB's at Barclays charged me £6.00 for receiving the equivalent of £28 in Canadian dollars.
So its best to check with your bankers first.

For translation purposes, you could also try this site: Free Translation

Nerfee.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi all.

If you need help in eBay Spain I can help you. Feel free to write me and I will spread your questions to spanish users (gimme enough time ;-) )

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Within the Euro zone, international money transfers using IBAN and BIC codes cost the same price as a national money transfer, which means free in most instances. For Spain count 3 euros. People prefer to avoid Paypal's costs in those circumstances.

In the UK, given the different currency, a money transfer is best avoided and Paypal is a very good way to make the payment. Most UK sellers do accept Paypal.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want to thank you guys for taking the time and offering help. I've already made a couple of bids and been in contact with some various sellers. I wouldn't have been able to before. Again Thanks.

Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts