SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bear with me , it is slot related because its about all i search for on ebay! each listing appears to be larger on the page than it previously was. i am fairly sure that i havn't altered any settings on my laptop (as much as a IT dunce like myself can be!) but it all looks a little odd , ie; less items per scroll. any thoughts/observations?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Excuse me, but I've come home drunk, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you can select how many items you want to see on each page. Hope that sorts it. cheers Jason

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (rogerbass @ 29 Jun 2012, 19:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And I thought it was just me

phew....at least i wasn't dreaming it!!
QUOTE (chris99 @ 29 Jun 2012, 20:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>On the keyboard try holding the Ctrl button and hit 0 (zero).

Chris

Edit: not sure if it is is actually bigger or not but maybe Ebay has changed a display parameter
i really am a full-on IT dinosaur but i did have a fiddle with the screen zoom size. i assume that ctrl-0 does the same? (sets to 100%)

QUOTE (JasonVizor @ 29 Jun 2012, 23:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Excuse me, but I've come home drunk, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you can select how many items you want to see on each page. Hope that sorts it. cheers Jason

no need to apologise....i cant even type when i'm sozzled , so well done! but no , that just changes the number of items displayed at a time 25/50/100/200 (between clicking "next" at the bottom of the page) not the number of listings actually visible on the screen at any one time. each individual listing is taking up more screen space than previously. i know they change layout and styles from time to time but when trawling through loads of listings (ie; scalextric!!) it has become a bit of a pain.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (rawhidejohnson @ 1 Jul 2012, 19:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi at the top of your page of listings go to Customise view and you can change the thumbnail size
of the photos
woohooo! top of the class to rawhide!! you have no idea how long i spent staring at the screen and trying allsorts of options....yet i missed that! what a numpty! still not sure how it changed in the first place though? cheers

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just had a look on UK eBay in Scalextric and Slot car and have my screen set to time ending soonest but the first items show up with 14 or so hours to go. There must be items ending tonight I thought and when you click on it and go into the listing it shows a minute or so to go. I have checked other categories too and the same thing occurs on them.
Anyone got any any idea what is happening here?

I also have a similar issue on completed listings as when it shows a particular listing ended at a certain time when you actually click and review the listing it actually ended 8 hours later than shown on the previous page.

Contacting ebay to complain always seems a wasye of time as nothing seems to happen when I do complain to them so any help or theories would be appreciated.

Cheers,

CB

·
Registered
161 Posts
Quick update - the live listings seem to be OK with correct time remaining now. I have not changed anything other than restart the computer. The completed listings are still showing the incorrect time they finished at some 8 hours earlier than actually item ended.
CB

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Cambridge Blue @ 2 Jul 2012, 06:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Quick update - the live listings seem to be OK with correct time remaining now. I have not changed anything other than restart the computer. The completed listings are still showing the incorrect time they finished at some 8 hours earlier than actually item ended.
CB
i noticed some odd things going on with the times last night too! at least a can wizz through the listings without giving my poor little pinky rsi now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE (petestrike @ 1 Jul 2012, 20:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>woohooo! top of the class to rawhide!! you have no idea how long i spent staring at the screen and trying allsorts of options....yet i missed that! what a numpty! still not sure how it changed in the first place though? cheers

no problem mate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts