SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am researching the Steve Walker ECRA cars to prove provenance and would appreciate event reports, photos of the chassis and body, and even colour photos of the cars if you took them....very unlikely?

kenb

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a thought....how many magazines would there be ......I am aware of ECRA, Model cars and Auto modeller.........are there more obscure titles in period 1976-1981 ?...many thanks..

·
Administrator
9,782 Posts
Ken,

There were things like Scale Models (which absorbed Model Cars), Airfix magazine, etc., which may have had an odd slot article, but no regular coverage.

I seem to remember a short-lived fanzine type thing from that time, and will check, but probably one of your compatriots is better placed to answer this question.

The next real magazines came with the relative revival in the 1990s, but were all pretty short-lived!

Don

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Hi Kneb

Have you seen Tony Condon's book "History of Electric Model Car Racing in Britain"?

That include event reports etc for the period when Steve Walker was winning.

ECRA Newsmags will be the main contemporary source of info on the Steve Walker ECRA cars

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have two copies of the book and it has a nice section on the Walker years but covers the treble phenomenon rather than the other 78-79-80 cars in chassis detail photos, I love the book and it has been a source of enlightenment to me for years.

For starters what i need is a fuzzy chassis photo of the 1979 winner ...ken

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
walker%2078_zpshkm8enqe.jpg

Here for starters is the Steve walker ECRA sports/GT winner from after the 1978 event.

Does anyone from back in the day know when the photos were taken.ie after the final or some other time , like scrutineering ?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good news ..I have been in touch with Chris Frost and he has kindly sent me everything available from the Walker Years and the cars are genuine Nats winners!

Ken

1 - 14 of 14 Posts