Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen the news. Eddie has sold Jordan.

Jorsdan will race this season but Eddie is to wind down as team principal.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Yeah, the dude from Midland bought him out.

Eddie is to become top man in the commercial aspect of the company, and Midland have a technical director already lined up.

The team will race as Jordan this year with Jordan chassis and Toyota engine, but will be run as Midland F1 next year with Lola chassis as planned.

I think this is a shame because F1 will be a different place without the yellow cars on the grid. I would have much prefered Midland setting up their own team... 22 cars on the grid

Andy

·
Registered
911 Posts
they were always the best looking car (you cant reali miss them)! gonan be a shame. but if they keep the same sponosrs surely they cud stay yellow?

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
I think it's a shame because EJ has so much character and enthusiasm, which is lacking in so many of the 'corporate' teams. And he always seems so passionate about F1 as a sport, not a revenue stream.

And look at all the rookie drivers he took a chance with... and how some of them have turned out!! Who will give the youngsters a chance now?

He's an F1 icon and it'll be a shame to see him leave.

Rob

·
Registered
998 Posts
Dallara are the company designing the new chassis...although now they have bought Jordan maybe they will build one themselves as they will have the technical staff to be able to do it.

Alan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts