SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
redstar
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,heres a set i have by the German company Egger made in 1966. It has a 1/40th scale BRM F1 & a FERRARI 156 F1. This a Jouef set produced in Germany. Its not as common as the french cars & sets. Thanks,Bernard

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Your taste in slot cars is faultless Bernard!
The Egger range of slot cars was fairly limited,& not many were produced... Egger cars are worth at least 3 times more than their Jouef counterparts.
Here`s an unused Egger Merc300sl (red) next to a Jouef version.
Cheers
Kev.

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi Kev
Thats convenient as a day or two ago while trawling thro some old model cars mags i came accross a picture of a 250 gto marketed by some one called egger
To all intents and purposes it looked just the same as jouef one ,and i wondered what the connection was
So they were champion in britaim, jouef in france and egger in germany . Any more ?

Cheers tony

·
Administrator
9,781 Posts
I don't think so Tony, but I'm sure that Kev can confirm! Jouef was pretty popular in the Netherlands too, but just sold as Jouef.

How many cars did Egger produce anyway?

Don

·
redstar
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi ,yes there is another,much more rare version.
I will post photos of this unusual version in a few days. You may be surprised.
Thanks,Bernard

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Egger did the Ferrari & BRM F1. EType hard top & top down. Merc 300sl hard top & top down. Ferrari 250GTO. They also briefly sold the Porsche 904 GT & Ford GT40. I`ve never seen a Lotus F1 made by Egger, but that`s not to say they don`t exist.

Egger Silberpfeil was made in Germany(under licence) for the German market between 1964 & 1968. Mettoy Playcraft(Sales) Ltd were the really big tie in for Jouef between 1963 & 1968. Mettoy were just about the biggest toy manufacturer in the English speaking world , so anyone going into partnership with them was on a winner. The system here was known as Champion Motor Racing (by the makers of Corgi Toys) & was heavily marketed alongside Corgi diecasts & race buildings(Silverstone Series)-unless you looked on the cars underside you would not have known that the model was made in france by Jouef!

Be very careful when collecting Egger. Someone on the continent has been chroming the Etype Jags & Merc 300sl cars & selling them on for large amounts of money!

There was also a factory in Spain producing Jouef under licence between (approx) 64 & 68.These are very rare & expensive.
Cheers,
Kev.

A Spanish Jouef flourescent yellow BRM (chrome exhausts) next to a standard yellow Spanish Jouef BRM.

·
Registered
942 Posts
The manufacturer of musical instruments " Enrique Keller" made in the late 60's Joeuf´licenced slot cars in Zarautz ( España ) .

The manufactured cars were :

Lotus GP
Ferrari GP
BRM GP
Ford GT40
Porsche 904 GTS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts