SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an experiment, I bought a set of electronic scale for $15 from Woolworths (Safeway in Vic) in the hope of making a similar device to a Magnet Marshal. (For the non-Aussies out there, I'm sure similar products are available in your neighbourhood).
Here's the (unfinished) result.

First, buy the scales

Next, remove the platform by unscrewing it from underneath (after removing the round sticker) and prise the stainless steel plate off (it's too hard to cut through).

Then, cut out this bit

...then this bit

then screw the platform back on and stick a bit of metal onto the body of the scale to fit the hole in the platform. try to get the bit of metal as level with the top surface of the platform as possible. Make sure nothing is touching the platform underneath.

To measure downforce, put the car on the scales so that the magnet is away from the metal plate, and turn the scale on. It should show zero. if not, press the Tare/on button

Then place the car over the metal plate with the guide in the front slot.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (celica @ 1 Jan 2009, 21:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great idea has the scales got a trade name? I can not find those so far here in the UK

cheers Lee

No, there's nothing on them to indicate where they're made or by who. I'd guess they're a generic product made in China and packaged with the retailer's branding (in this case Woolworths).

I'm sure there are other scales that would do the job but you'd have to take the risk that the mechanism might not allow you to modify them to suit. That's why I chose the cheapest set I could find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.