SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

El Palau del Tren slot collection is a new slotcar brand from the El Palau del Tren shop in Barcelona, Spain. They have 30 years of experience in the model business.

Their project is to make one exclusive slot model every year, a high quality resin handmade RTR model.

The first model is the Land Rover Serie I "Guardia Civil" (Spanish police), in a limited edition of 150 units, priced at 180 Euros.

You can contact El Palau del Tren S.L. by phone, fax or email:

Tel. 93 323 99 11
Fax. 93 218 98 99
Email. [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Ouch!
That's a lot of money. Why make it a slot car? Why not just a static model? I can't see the point. It's not even that good. Look at the way the roof fits.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Before Powerslot went out of production the Series 1 Land Rover was one of their on going projects. The body was to be injection moulded plastic & they were looking at sourcing material to create an authentic 'rag top' rather than the usual plastic offerings, the chassis was to have drop arm guide & suspension. Its a real shame that they're no longer around.
Not sure this one has enough detail to make it that desirable.
Sean

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
I remember my boyish excitement (I was 36) when I first discovered Palau in Barcelona. From the old style logo sign above the door to the shelves and shelves stacked with all the (then unavailable in the UK) Exin models it really was slot car heaven.

I bought a SEAT (what else - it is Spain after all) and have returned many times, but that first glimpse from a passing coach is an abiding memory.

In the context of the shop (two shops actually, there's another one almost as big just across the road) I can see why they would want to do a low volume, unusual subject, high value model. I expect they'll sell out quickly even without the Land Rover Owners Club getting wind of it.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
In a road going livery it's not my cup of tea. If they had made it as a competative rally vehicle then perhaps, but a Britains 1;32 scale die cast is around £15 to buy and looks very similar if not better.

Wales Rally GB Land Rover Challenge 2011

Oh and Pendle already have a resin body listed in their kit body section.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
I know of a Land Rover fanatic that would probably want one. He currently owns 5 full size ones and all the Scaley variants. The question is, do I tell him about it?

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
now every englishman that is complaning about the quality of this car should look at the original and see............ this model is flawless!!

I like the model, but mucho dinero!! no tengo!!

G

·
QUOTE (Graham Lane @ 1 Jun 2011, 17:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ouch!
That's a lot of money. Why make it a slot car? Why not just a static model? I can't see the point. It's not even that good. Look at the way the roof fits.

The roof is spot on for a Landrover, in fact the model should have more bits falling off, and perhaps it should stop half way round the track with engine probs

·
Registered
177 Posts
QUOTE (Smudgyboy @ 21 Sep 2011, 07:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The roof is spot on for a Landrover, in fact the model should have more bits falling off, and perhaps it should stop half way round the track with engine probs

For complete authenticity, they had Lucas Electrics custom make the motors for it and it has an oil reservoir designed to leave a puddle of oil each time it stops.

·
Phil Smith
2,626 Posts
Surely during this period in Spain, i.e. the sixties by the look of the Policeman, Landrovers in Spain were sold as Santanas,
a little like the Spanish Scalextric, during Franco's rule you had to open a factory in Spain and were not just simply allowed to import stuff.

go here for my info on the Spanish Santana Landrovers

·
Eddie Grice
2,307 Posts
QUOTE (El Palau del Tren @ 21 Sep 2011, 10:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, we present to you a video of our slot car Land Rover "Guardia Civil", we hope you like it:
Wonder how they drove it onto that log, can't see a slot up to it?

Eddie

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
GATETHORN Models, in Surrey, are currently working on the design of a plastic hard body 1:32nd scale Land Rover "Defender" 90 slot car.

Hopefully, this will be available as a finished painted model and in a cheaper kit form, in 4WD and 2WD versions, later in 2016. Prices will be affordably comparable with Slot.It and NSR cars.

Rick

1 - 17 of 17 Posts