SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
redstar
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,heres a odd set by Eldon in the USA. The cars race around the track till they cross each other & sometimes crash. A great many of these cars when found usually have broken parts. This set has 2 cars of the more rare colors. Just for fun i included photos of the Marx prototype crash car which was their response but never went into production along with the more common red & yellow Eldon crash car.. Thanks,Bernard

·
Administrator
9,652 Posts
Thanks Bernard. I remember watching Demolition Derby on TV when I was a kid, maybe on Wide World of Sports ("The Thrill of Victory, the Agony of Defeat") and thinking how much fun that looked!

Like you say, haven't seen too many intact Demolition Derby sets over the years, in fact none that I can remember!

The Marx looks much more sophisticated, and closer to the actual cars I remmeber (sedan junkers, mostly). Same chassis as usual for Marx? Too bad they never released it, but probably a good idea, given that none of these gadget sets seem to have sold very well! Was that from the batch of Marx prototypes that popped up on ebay a few years ago?

Don

·
redstar
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Don,& Kev. Yes this came from those prototypes which were offered on ebay. It never went into production because it was too complicated i would guess.I believe its a Chevy. Thanks,Bernard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts