SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
redstar
1,602 Posts
Hi,

Here's a set I've been wanting to put on for a while. It's a 1/24th scale drag set made by Eldon in 1965. Thos was really a great set that came with all you needed to drag race. The track when set up was 17-1/2 feet long. Im not sure but that may have been a quarter mile.

At the front of the track you have the transformer with 2 controllers which are on-off only. Then you have synchromatic start system with an automatic race & reset push button control. Next is a very cool christmas tree with starting lights tjat flash from yellow to green & then to red. At the end of the 17-1/2 feet of track you have an automatic finish line win selector with a built-in arrow which points to the winner,

At the very end of the track are 2 tunnels with foam shock absorbers to cushion the 2 dragsters so there is no damage. The 2 AA/fuel class dragsters have weighted drop arms so they do wheelies when they take off. They can reach up to a scale 200 mph. The set also comes with a hop-up kit (braids, slicks, sandpaper,etc). It was the best drag set made,you only needed the room to set it up.

Enjoy,
Bernard

·
redstar
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi heres the Republic drag set from 1968 as requested. It has a Plymouth GTX and a Plymouth Road Runner.You use the shift stick to control the speed. I also included pictures of the 2 1/24th scale Hubley dragsters with their correct slot chassis. Finally i could not resist showing 2 photos of the Auto Stop set from Italy made around 1952.
Thanks,Bernard (its sort of a drag strip)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts