SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
10,017 Posts
... it was also pretty much the only complete drag racing slot car set, at least in 1/24! There were few real drag sets in general, the only other one I can think of offhand is the Republic set in slightly under 1/32 scale (any chance of a comparison photo Bernard), using Detroit sedans.

The Eldon sets are not that rare, but they're not always easy to find a complete set (or unmolested car), and the value is holding steady or going up!

As Riko says, it's about one-third of a 1/24 scale quarter mile. Or maybe that was as much track as Eldon could fit in the selected box!

Unfortunately, regular Eldon track is one of the worst for a drag strip because the straight sections were so short. Still, it looks very nice set up like that Bernard, thanks for sharing!

Don

·
Administrator
10,017 Posts
Here's some more info on the Hubley cars, for an introductory article in Model Car Science magazine. I've never seen the instructions, so not sure what they say about the conversion. Hubley also offered a chassis directly for motor installation, so I assume their wind-up cars didn't sell all that well. And I've only seen the set once or twice on ebay - not an easy one to find! I don't think it had a track, just the two cars and a gizmo to wind them up - maybe a piece of string or something as a track. Can anybody check that?
Don

1 - 2 of 2 Posts