SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a Jaguar I-Pace sitting in a corner? Well here is an opportunity to put it to good use.

A one make/model Proxy Event in a new format. Although slot racing has long been about electrically powered cars, there has been little connection to the 1:1 counterpart, commonly known as EVs (Electrically-powered Vehicles).
The "EV Triathlon" is a proxy event wiith a difference - three racing disciplines. The event takes place on a Rally Stage, a Sprint Circuit and a Drag Strip. Running in mid-May 2021 and near Edinburgh, Scotland you can find more details in the attached file.

A standard car model and fairly simple format means that there is a minimal amount of tuning allowed and so will hopefully attract entrants with a wide range of skills as well as Jaguar enthusiasts.

Leo

View attachment Jaguar_I-Pace_Triathlon_Proxy_Event_Document_1.doc

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
as you know Leo im in

tyre troubles or not hehehe

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Attachments

Reactions: scuderia_turini

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Calling all Jaguar fans!

This is an opportunity to show some love for this well renowned marque. The Jaguar heritage is steeped with competition success and the I-Pace has continued that with the Jaguar eTrophy series and now portrayed in 1:32.

Leo

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Attachments

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,692 Posts
Yo Portals/Gordon,
The snowplough/gritter is based upon a Barlux (later Giodi) FIAT truck (1:35) with scratch-built bodywork and Siku blade. The trucks were available in a variety of functions but fairly rare now, especially the Snow-plough version so I had to make my own. Not sure if I osed ictures in the Emergency and Service vehicles thread, but will do later this evening.

If you win one of the top prizes in the EV Triathlon, I could make that a Barlux Truck.

Leo

·
Banned
1,694 Posts
Great truck build!

I've never competed in a proxy before as I just don't really have anything other than very basic tuning skills.

I was working for JLR onsite at Fen End deepest Warwickshire (an old RAF base where the JLR Experience was run), when the I-Pace was released, I must admit it left me a little cold in the flesh....but I do quite like the Scalextric red version.

However, if you are dangling a Barlux carrot and I have a few weeks then I may well be tempted. Um, purely out of curiosity of course, what Barlux are you offering up as a prize....?
biggrin.png

Jadlam is pretty much the cheapest I've found for an I-Pace C4042, £36.99 incl P+P....I may well be tempted...

·
Banned
1,694 Posts
I was looking at the Scalextric i-Pace cars and it appears there are only 4 models available:

• light blue no1 - this car has black windows so no interior
  • orange no2 - this car has black windows so no interior
  • red no3 - C4042 - this car has clear windows and interior
  • white no44 - C4064 - this car has clear windows and interior

When I watched your video above it looks like (could be an optical illusion), the black window models have a little longer wheelbase than the models with interiors, are there infact two different bodies?

Also is there much variation in car weight between interior and no-interior models, or am I supposed to find that out for myself?
biggrin.png

·
Registered
376 Posts
not sure about wheel base ,,, cant imagine there will be a difference .... most likely same tooling

but according to leo ... 5g difference in weights

no-interior car does infact have an interior .... go figure ? ... just no driver model or roll cage

so I have added weight to my black window car ( low down of course )

Reactions: portals999

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,692 Posts
The black-window cars do not have lights but as Kev says, the weight difference is fairly small. I have tried running a car without the traction magnet and with about 20-25grams weight but decided that the magnet is needed!

They all use the same chassis, in fact my Ecurie Ecosse car is based upon Blue 1 but has the clear windows and chassis from a Group 44 car.

#1 and #2 seem like the best choice but not by much and my drag-strip tests have not shown any particular advantage - they all hit the stop-pillow straight on.

Leo

Edit: The regulations require that the interior tray is kept in place - as the car was manufactured.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Exanding the "Heritage Livery" concept, it occurred to me that the Ecurie Ecosse team had a grand history with Jaguar cars and therefore an E-E themed I-Pace was required.

Other fantasy liveries are encouraged!

Leo

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
mine was the red number 3

the original red ... is more of a deep orange colour in the flesh

and number 2 is a gold/bronze colour

so now mine is infact truly Red and is now number 9

kev

Reactions: portals999

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Currently up to 7 entrants, so the event is (ahem!) picking up Pace.

LOL

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In the regulations I said I would provide pictures of the 3 courses involved so the Sprint Track is below. This is Carrera Exclusiv system track configured with just one crossover section so that it forms one lane. Overall running length is approximately 26 metres.

Leo

Building Water Skyscraper Art Event

Attachments

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Have been asked some questions:

Does a driver have to be fitted to the black window cars? No

Can the chassis edges be cut back to allow body-rock? The body and chassis must not be altered from standard, but the screws can be left slack.

Who is the Judge? Leo Capaldi

How will the overall winner be decided? The times from the three disciplines will be aggregated and the car with the lowest total will be the overall winner.

Leo

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now up to 10 entrants, but room for some more.

Leo C

Andy P

PJ

PJ Junior
Kev Oxo

Adrian C

Francesca L

Chris C

Portals999

Scuderia Turini

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Today brought a nice little parcel - the first entrant's car arrived.

OXO-Cube's Jaguar has been numbered up and will be scrutineered in the next few days. Probably got a while to wait before others arrive, so will put it "somewhere safe".

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts