SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
lovely racing green Leo

the I-Pace glazing is a nightmare to remove and replace for re-paints ... i was certain i would break mine at one point

nice wheels too ... did you paint those also ?

kev

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yo Kev,

Yes, I broke a windscreen pillar on my Ecurie-Ecosse version so was ultra careful with this one and the Safety Car. The wheels are from a Range Rover so not EV Triathlon compliant. They are chrome-finish so v bling.

Leo

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hello everybody.

There is still time to obtain and prepare a car. Entries have to be at the start address on or before the 10th May 2021. With the tight regulations, preparation is simple so not too time-consuming. Essentially just true-ing wheels and tyres and replacing the guide if you wish. I cannot claim that this event is any more eco-friendly than other proxy slot-car events but it embraces Electric Vehicles and so is in the right spirit.

Feel free to ask questions here or via personal message.

Leo

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
A question has arisen about the timing of the event. The regulations state that the vehicles must arrive (PM me for the address) on or before the 10th May 2021

The Sprint and Drag events will be held outdoors, hence the loose arrangement for the schedule.

Scrutineering and Pre-event shakedown will take place by 14th May, with the actual Triathlon events following thereafter.

Leo

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,772 Posts
The Scalextric I-Pace story started with the Group 44 heritage livery and that seemed like a nice point to start, with further Jaguar related heritage liveries on I-Pace cars but Scalextric/Hornby seemed to have ceased production after producing three eTrophy liveries.

I had hoped that the EV Triathlon would inspire some entrants to produce their own thoughts on liveries or colours from Jaguar heritage, or even fantasy versions.

Its not too late if you are quick!! Cars are due in on 10th May or before.

Below are the three homage heritage liveries that I am aware of.

Leo

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I cannot find a successful Gulf liveried Jaguar, but a Castrol version (XJR-9) would be nice or Silk Cut colours could work. Some of the XJ220 liveries are nice.

Leo

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Two nice I-Paces arrived today, although one has lost a door mirror. Am hoping it was missing when shipped, cannot find it in the packaging.

Still enough time if anyone wants an entry.

PJ Racing presented these two cars.

Pete:

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Jerome:

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Attachments

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,772 Posts
Have managed to make track plans using Ultimate Racer. The Sprint Circuit is fairly straightforward although the join-up is a bit wonky. There is a single crossover so it is effectively one lane and a lap comprises two tours around. This is Carrera Evolution track.
Rally Stage was challenging as it is on two levels, hopefully the 3D view helps. This has return loops at each end so a lap comprises round and back again. It is a hybrid of Ninco and Policar.

Drag Strip is a 12 metre straight with 10metre running length using Scalextric START track or Carrera if the day is damp.

Leo

Sprint Circuit:-

Rectangle Font Line Pattern Slope

Rally Stage:-

Rectangle Font Fashion accessory Slope Pattern

White Light Font Line Gesture

Attachments

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Woodcote's I-Pace arrived today. Looks pretty standard looks-wise but there are enhancements and in particular the interior has been super-detailed.
Tomorrow is 1st of May so just about enough time to get an I-Pace, true the wheels and tyres and ship it here!

Leo

Attachments

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
OK off we go with the 2021 EV Triathlon !!
Will do final scrutineering tomorrow, including some "shakedown" running and feedback.

Entry List:

#3 Andy
#6 Graham
#9 Kev
#11 Scuderia Turini
#50 Jerome
#51 Pete
#52 Leo
#53 Chris
#54 Adrian
#55 Joshua

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

Attachments

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Busy day today, did shakedown runs to get a feel for each car. Weighed each car just for interest.
Most cars are pretty standard with just some having weight added. The usual surprises of which cars are quicker. Times are simply a basic indication and I was trying to get a feel for each car without de-slotting it.

In the evening we were able to take advantage of the good weather and set up the drag-strip and run the cars on that. Will publish those results tomorrow.

Leo

Shakedown results:

Font Material property Number Pattern Parallel

Attachments

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
As above, we ran the Drag-Strip aspect yesterday evening. Full results are below with #55 (joshua) taking the top step followed by #52 (Leo) then #9 (Kev). The Safety Car ran in the second lane just to keep each vehicle company. I had wired it with a diode in the feed to the motor so as to handicap it and that worked quite well apart from one run where it beat Jerome's vehicle - oops!
I intended to video the runs but forgot a few times, but I think every vehicle got some footage. Apologies that the video is not great.

No damage to any of the vehicles, the braking area was about 1 metre in length with a soft pillow at the end. The vehicles were all run on the same lane and power was applied through a relay driven via Race-Coordinator which also did the timing.
Each vehicle got three runs and we decided to simply total the three times to get the placings. Perhaps predictably, the heavier vehicles didn't do too well, I feel their time will come on the circuits.
At the bottom end was my team vehicle which surprised me :-(

Leo

Font Number Parallel Pattern Screenshot

Attachments

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.