SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that folks bost about having a nice fat wire for their motor-to-guide connection. However, as in the Scaley track power unit the wire appers to be 22 gauge (size?), the thin stuff. I wonder how much the thin wire impares performance if any.

How thin is too thin? Does a 20V PS pump out enough juice to hurt the thin wire? I figure it's probably more of an AMP issue than voltage.

I am looking at customizing my controller connections and making them use modular jacks and wires. I figure that RF45 would have higher amp and volt ratings than rj11. I'm also working on fun things to do with the remaining 5 wires if I can.

Am I stupid for thinking of using RJ45 cabling?
Is there any motor one would expect I could not run?

Thanks so much for helping me build a monster!! I really do need your help.

(I really SHOULD be working, but this is WAY more fun!!)

-Maltese

· Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I try to be a good listener and I listened. I appreciate your helping a newbie.

It seems as if scaley's power lines are that skinny (sport/Classic) so I figured I would be safe. It was going to be an alternative connection as I would keep the current, common ones. I am working on an experiment which needs a couple more wires...wires that would be using the same power supply...but it sounds like I should not go that way for either lack of power or fear of burning down my place.

I appreciate your helping me out.

-Maltese

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.