SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
I was adding wire mesh to start some landscaping the other day. I did the rear elevated section and thought that as it was all the same height it wasn't going to look too good done as a grassy bank.

So I took the mesh off.

And came up with the idea of building a via duct (Like railway arches).

I found a plan on the Net from someone that had made a railway bridge. Added some inside bits and some extra brick for the top.

I figured that a 16cm brick is going to be 5mm long in 1:32. So I re-scaled the arch accordingly in PhotoShop.

Printed it out 8 times (normal paper), cut it out and stuck it to cardboard with stick glue.

I cut a backing and glued it together, with a top section with white wood glue.

I've just pinned it in place and it'll dry for a few houres.

Then I'll paint the back black, finish the gluing and insert the roof under the arch and add brickwork to the top wall.

I'll add some more photos when I finish it off.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here it is finished off. I jus neet to blend the brickwork a little using brushed on dry oil paint.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi Nuro,

I have to say that you gave me a brilliant idea with your bridge ... These last weeks, I was trying to define THE layout I want for a permanent layout and I think I found it
:

I tryed it this afternoon without any elevation except the crossover : the best layout I ever made. With elevation, it should be a blast ! I guess a long bridge under the back straight joining 2 hills can be a good project ... Just have to wait for my next holidays (in 3 or 4 weeks) to begin ...

Fred

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey there,

A few weeks have passed and my bridge begins to look like ... a bridge :

OK, I still have some work to do before including it to my layout :

And as you can see, after the bridge there will be much more work to do to complete the scenary

Thanks for the idea Nuro

Fred

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent

You see that adding depth and volume to the layout adds quit a bit to the overall effect.

·
Premium Member
5,558 Posts
Quality work here, chaps. Quality work.

I like the idea of a bridge.

I was gutted to see somewhere else that Swiss had stolen my idea for a Golden Gate style bridge, like one on a track in the first Grand Turismo game - I always intended to get one in to my layout, when I actually get the space that is, i.e. a long time from here.

·
Alan Tadd
4,034 Posts
Ah Wankel if you do go for a Golden Gate Replica, you will also need a dry ice machine to simulate the early morning San francisco mists.

Regards

Alan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts