SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
yes, it is true - my time has come to go to pastures new and I will be leaving Gaugemaster on Friday 24th September. The next few weeks are going to be somewhat hectic, so if you are still waiting on parts I have promised then please email me and remind me of your name, address and what you are waiting for.

As for me, I am moving to the Shetland Islands where I am taking over a hand make chocolate company - I don't suppose you could find anything much further away from what I am currently doing.

May I thank all of the friends I have made on the forum for being just that - friends - and to wish you all the very best for the future. Keep an eye out for Dandiest_Guitarman though, you never know where he might turn up!

With warmest goodbyes,

Aaron

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Hi there, sad to see you're leacving GM. I think you've been brilliant to all the members here in terms of service, replacements pats etc.

And if you want to carry on the trend of sending free stuff to people then I know someone who'll enjoy the chocoalte

Good luck with the future, all the best

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
All the very best, Aaron!
Talk about getting away from it all. Still, you're never far from anywhere on the internet.
But you will be sadly missed by your grateful Forum admirers and buddies. I hope Guagemaster have someone worthy lined up for your old desk.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Good Luck Aaron, maybe you could start a line of edible slotcars???? Or just the bodies at least...............ok ill get my coat

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Bloody hell Aaron! South coast of England to Shetland, you couldn't make a bigger move and stay in the country. I expect to hear about the new Shetland Slot Car Club soon.

Picking up on Dale's suggestion, I think chocolate hand controllers would be better. At least when I crash I'd have something to eat and those who stay on until the end would be covered in goo!

All the best with the move.
Scott

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Good luck Aaron, and thanks for all your help in the past. Your Gaugemaster inputs will be missed by all.

Regards

Alan

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
All the best in the new job, Aaron! You will definitely be missed around here. So, make sure you "get connected" and keep in touch!

Cheers, mate!

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Wow! That's some kind of move. Best of luck to you, I applaud your bravery and hope it works out. I have an idea that the pace of life up there will be somewhat slower...

Ps.
I think it can blow a bit up there, best pack a decent wind-proof!

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
Yes, all the best Aaron, and thanks for all the info on the Fly Car scene. I hope your successor continues in the same vain.

By the way, don't forget that the scots eat their porrage with salt, not sugar

M

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
All the very best mate. Many thanks on behalf of all the Phoenix members for your support. Got any jobs going?

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Good luck Aaron!

I've tried collecting chocolate, but the collection always seems to get smaller!

Mr.M

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
Good luck, let us know how you get on. I don't know whether to envy you or to suggest you see a psychiatrist

John

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
good luck aaron, is it our hobby that has caused this move?
p.s watch out for shetland ponies my mums has a habit for chocolate and the taste of the laquer on fly cars (long story!!!)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts