Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
QUOTE The Saturday race was run with Scalextric cars supplied by Hornby Hobbies

Ummm, well---what was supposed to win? A Ninco?
Come on Mope, if you're going to brag about Scalextric, tell the whole story.
If you had said the race was sponsored by Hornby Hobbies, then we could give proper credit where it's due.

BTW-Thumbs up to Hornby Hobbies for providing cars for an event of this type.
Nice to see a manufacturer being involved. To the point of Adrian handing away the trophy

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now come on folks.

Swiss takes part in 24 hour race in which all the cars are Slot.It and nothing is said. Slot.It do make fine cars. That is not an issue. And Swiss and his team had a great time.

I bring this story to your attention to show that Scalextric cars can race in a major series and provide competitive racing.

That is the context in which I bring this story to your attention.

Why are knockers appearing?

I guess the folk competing in this major series had a great time. And it was another team event and the English team won.

Well done Scalextric and England.

Moped

·
Registered
773 Posts
..how many Nations competet? Most prominent in UK and Belgium...

Maybe, there have been mainly people form the island competing... No list of competitors is shown...
Don't try to compare apples with pears Moped
- it's nice to participate at such an event - but there are dozends of others! Sponsored by all major manufacturers, running their own products - and sometimes with international participants.
Nice to win there - but don't think you're the best one then!

·
Registered
222 Posts
This is very misleading indeed!!!

The winning car of the British Grand Prix at Southend WAS a Ninco CLK GTI, and has been for about the last 4 years.

The Anglo/Belgian series with on/off participation of the French and Dutch has been going for a number of years with, I think, currently two rounds in each country. I have participated many times.

The cars used have been Ninco GT1 cars for the past 5/6 years and were the only make allowed in this race. Usually the format is practice on the Saturday with qualifying and finals on the Sunday. To try and get more foreign opposition involved, this years Uk race also included a Scalex race with cars kindly donated by Adrian, on the Saturday, thereby giving drivers a minimum of 12 races instead of 6. The Scalex cars were CLK Saloons.

This is the first time this format has been used. There are currently discussions going on within the European committee to decide what cars will be used for next years race.
As the original concept was for open wheel cars and the favourite car was for a long time the Scalex/SCX Ferrari F1/87, it is being suggested that current Scalex F1 cars are used - without mags and a little weight.

Hope this clarifies things a little.

Gjb52

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just by the way.
In my last post I was not saying that Moped was trying to mislead us.
I believe he was posting sincerily but the article on the Scalex website is what mislead him.
Whilst they said the Gt cars were CLKs, they neglected to point out they were Ninco - well I suppose we all would really.

Gjb52

·
Registered
773 Posts
..thx Gjb52 - Moped just felled in the same trap like most of the other readers of the Scalex-webside.

But out of your information it's more or less a 2 to 4-nation competition - far away from beeing a european competition?

It's more or less in the same league like the IMCA-series - ambitioned - but far away from reallity?

·
Registered
222 Posts
You are quite correct Thomas, but even though the races are only held in say Belgium and the UK, I think they are open to any driver from anywhere in Europe and you do not need to be a member of the participating clubs or even need to be in a club.
I will seek more info and also try to come up with a link to the actual race report.

Gjb52

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
QUOTE Swiss takes part in 24 hour race in which all the cars are Slot.It and nothing is said

yes because he told the whole story!

Now, lets leave this to fall into the canyon o doom now!

Rob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts