SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to sport so bear with me. I bought a Pro X system and plan to run 50ft. to 60ft. of track in my layout. At what point do I need to worry about having enough power to run 4 cars at once with digital. I have an analog power section also,are the rules for length simular when running just two cars? How do upgrade if I need to? I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I set it up

·
Registered
522 Posts
proXudo

QUOTE (indianasteve @ 16 Nov 2004, 04:41)I'm new to sport so bear with me. I bought a Pro X system and plan to run 50ft. to 60ft. of track in my layout. At what point do I need to worry about having enough power to run 4 cars at once with digital. I have an analog power section also,are the rules for length simular when running just two cars? How do upgrade if I need to? I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I set it up
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my experience, you will need to run 2 or 3 power taps.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Basically, you do not need more power for a longer track. For a long track, some power is lost at each joint or connection, so the furthest away parts of track may have less power than the track near the powerbase. The way to correct this is by running 1 or more 'power taps' - basically long wires from the power base (or the track near the powerbase) to distant parts of the track.

If you do a search on this forum there are a few threads explaining in more detail how to do this

cheers

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts