Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

This is a European Board in location and outlook, but is open for everyone, from anywhere and everywhere, who wishes to come and increase both their and the other members knowledge and enjoyment of the Hobby.

So, with that in mind...

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SEE ?

Get thinking and posting replies,
what haven't you seen anywhere that you wish you had,
what do you REALLY want to do to contribute, IF that's your bent.

It's a Forum that'll only be successful if it gives what is wanted so come on..give us a clue!

We have some great ideas and innovations to give you soon but we are sure to miss stuff or not think of something .

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I would like to see more open discussion about European retailers without all the hush hush that occurs on USA boards.

If somebody spots an offer/discount at a European stockist lets all hear about it.

At the same time I would like Swiss to consider giving any of his excellent reports/scratch build projects full coverage in the USA including SCI and HRW as this benefits the hobby in the USA.

Whilst you have a bit of a downer on SCI at the moment it is a popular site and your reports are popular. Anything that encourages folk into the hobby in the USA is good news for all of us on this board, as if the hobby in the USA really takes off, then we all benefit as a result of lots of new cars this will bring from the extra investment that can be made by the slot car companies.

You don't need to post messages if you don't want to Swiss, but your reviews and projects are top quality. Please keep up that good work if nothing else.

Moped

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
OK -

we are in a world wide hobby so make the board that. Easiest way is if a retailer is first with a product, good offer no limits on announcemtns (for instance SPHobbies offering new fly GT40 set at €107 and 3rd car at €41 making total set about incl p&p about €155 or UK £100 - cheaper than UK. Order and payment must be rec'd <22/9).

club advertisements and members with layouts offering open house invites to other members (so publish locations)

Slotforum organised proxy races, beauty comps and online race events

Annual ### of the year votings

No back alley type thing - if you need that go break some pencils

A standard slotfourm test track layout that all reviews should be undertaken on to give comparability of performance across multi author reviews. Also a basic but ltd range of standard perf measures mainly around quickest lap, 10 lap total time, no. deslots.

I'll add some more after a few beers (always helps the synapses fire quicker)

Tuck

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
And if a standard track is agreed for test reviews and best "10 lap" times are given, we can then all have a go at trying to beat the test reviewer.

So make it a simplish circuit that we can all have a go on at home so that we can all post comparable times.

This will help with any mods aswell so that we can see what sort of time improvement the mod offers.

And how about having a forum for interesting links to other European slot car related websites that are discovered, but not retailers?

Moped

·
Registered
721 Posts
I like all of the suggestions especially the idea of a standard test track layout. Keep it small so that we can reproduce it at home with the brand of our choice. Also a 7ft and 14ft drag strip tests can give us an idea of overall speed and acceleration. An area where ANY company can post announcements. An area for clubs, etc that can use the site for invites would be great. A calendar of events like races, swap meets, shows. I would also reach out to Italian and Spanish racers. I would love to get my hands on some of their tricked up stuff just for the fun factor.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
we could do with a forum where you can ask Q because even the most knowledgeable people dont know everything (bar Grah1)

a chat room

no back alley equivelent

Inte

1 - 6 of 6 Posts