SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

My local club allows these motors in most classes, an they seem very very quick on standard ninco gearing.
Problem is they now seem to be very hard to get so need an equivelent in performance as im being wasted on the strights.
This week i ran an NSR king 21 EVO ( orange label) which seemed to be as quick in accleration but not as much top end.
I did checked gearing an standard ninco AW is 32/12 on mine i had fitted 31/14 by accident using the NSR pinion on ninco prorace gear.

Any Ideas

Richard

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Many of the origional range of Scaleauto motors are now coming to the end of their shelf life and are being replaced with 'B' versions of similar spec.
Eventually we will see this happen with the SC012.
Alternatives, although only rated at 21k the new Scaleauto SC025open can or SC026closed can are prooving very popular.
Next week we will receive the new SRP motors including SR-29 which is a long can motor rated at 26k.
SRP motors will have a price of around 7.95 making them one of the best value motors on the market.
Sean

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys

Thanks for help, just trying to find something with equilvelent performance to the sc12.

Sean

Do you think NSR king 25k or your new srp will be similar

Thanks

Richard

·
Registered
329 Posts
The (first generation)sc12 was a revvy long can but doesn't have as much torque as a king 25. Some bemoan the brakes of the sc12 but that is just a function of gearing it right.The evo is about the same power rating as the king 25 but has even more torque so it will push a bigger gear. Up to you. I liked the sc12 as a motor as it is a good smooth powerplant but the newer scaleauto motors all seem to have upped their torque rating and are similar to NSR type ratings. The second generation sc12 was almost identical in spec to the King 25

·
Registered
123 Posts
The SC025 open can is a really good motor, a lot of torque, brakes and a lot of magnetic effect.
Same motor style as Spirit's SXXX.

The open can version with it's high magnetism, beats easily a King 25.

MSC yellow "thunder" motors are almost the same - in fact, as MSC is a Scaleauto Group brand, I assume the motors are just the same - rebadged.

Mr Pendleslot, where can I find SRP motors on your website ? I did not find them...and what means the "MPM" characteristic for the motors ? Is it magnetic effect checked on a Magnet Marshall for example ?

Regards,

Bruno

(Too bad I ordered 1 week ago...i would have like to check these SRP long cans.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.