11,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Hi

Yes Merc, this was certainly done regards pit lane pieces, one loose one fixed
thumbsup.gif

·
Greg Gaub
15,073 Posts
It was also done with later CLC parts. Removing the fixing pin was always the hardest part of converting a CLC from one direction to the opposite.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Merc you have new firmware files to test regarding car stopping after dead spot.

Rick
I flashed a batch of cars with the new firmware, and went racing.

Results of the cars as mentioned in my post #110:

The totally uncapped yet 6hole ferrited Proteus Lambo (it even lacks the basic Scalextric style ferrite man on braids and motor side) still has throttle freeze issues, every 1 in 10 laps. No dead stops though, although I have to report that I fixed the loose SLC flipper about which I reported in earlier posts.

next step is to cap the Lambo with ferrite men and do more test laps.

The slot it orange endbell Toyota Supra (with 6hole ferrite and Scalextric style ferrite men but without Carrera style extra caps) was running almost error free, it only had one dead stop in a few hundred laps (and yes, that one dead stop was on the loose flipper Scalextric SLC).

I've done another 200 laps with it, with the new firmware. No dead stops until now. I should make at least a few hundred laps more to be be able to judge it. And since I changed the testing conditions by fixing the loose flipper, it's hard to tell which measure counts.

for testing reasons there's a few previously untested cars which I gave the firmware upgrade but didn't do anything else. Results so far:

Ninco Toyota Supra with AW NC 5 motor, basic ferrite men: no issues

Fly Ford GT Mabuchi SW without any caps, lacking even the ferrite men: no shoot offs but dead stops occur

Ninco Mosler with AW Spirit motor, basic ferrite men: no shoot offs and zero dead stops

Still testing here, I'll report more tomorrow. Time is running out though, my girlfriend wants to clear the room as we agreed upon. I'll stretch my luck one more week.

i think it's best to focus my testing on the yet uncapped proteus Lambo and test the car step by step. Next step will be basic ferrite men install.

Merc

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Another 100 laps later, report:

Proteus Lambo received ferrite man front and aft, did a race with 5 ghost cars. Significant better behaviour, yet after 50 laps a throttle freeze. And one again in the same race. So 2 shoot offs in 100 laps, but zero dead stops. Way better than before, but still this car will need the 3 extra caps on the motor.

The 5 ghost cars (4 NSR shark 20 Porsches and the Slot.it orange endbell McLaren showed once again zero issues and zero missed laps.

·
Prof I T
11,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Hi

your work is confirming my findings from 2 years ago Merc
thumbsup.gif

first off chip your car and run, if you get a Mongrel motor then 3 caps ala Carrera style usually fixes it, it's rare that you need the ferrite ring.

I also tested 104 caps and being they are stronger tried to reduce the number but with negative results, Carrera knew what they were doing
thumbsup.gif

My worst car was orange end bell that could only manage 2 laps before freezing or stopping, 3 caps and lap count jumped considerably, this car needed the ferrite core as well, so the fewer the laps the car will achieve with no supression shows what you will need to fit to achieve glitch free racing
thumbsup.gif

Reactions: GregK

·
Prof I T
11,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Another customer reports his stock of Fly cars are all now running 100% error free for the first time
thumbsup.gif

141 - 147 of 147 Posts