SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Playing this afternoon with my son, I have detected an error with pclap. The program does not modify the positions of the players. I send you a photo. Has this happened to someone?

Font Rectangle Display device Flat panel display Audio equipment

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a problem with PC lap counter.
Before all it works very good.
I use between four and eight cars, fuel, chips C and chips B1.
All is same before, I haven't changed anything.
Pclap counter doesn't work well now and I don't why.
Then I have thought that could it be a Windows10's update?
And maybe for it, pclap doesn't work good now
The problems are:
it sometimes doesn't find the controllers,
it sometimes doesn't count laps,
it sometimes make pit-in but not pin -out.
All is very strange.

But if I use Chrono and RSCO2 all works very good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all. The exact same thing is happening to me too. Currently playing with PCLP is impossible. Failure in laps, in entry and exit of pitbox, recognizes controls and then does not count laps. I have also tested with RSCO2 and Chrono and it works very good. All my chips are C updated with the latest firmware, dongle 3.11 (Also tested with 3.10 with identical results).

·
Digital Guru
11,395 Posts
In the past this has usually pointed towards .Net updates.

Guy is super responsive in helping people out with his rms so maybe email him directly 👍🏼

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes. It happened to us at the club a year ago more or less...

It all started with the issue of accelerated cars when it reopened after confinement... (it used to happen to us but you turned the remote on/off and it continued to work fine, but suddenly everything changed). In the first race it was impossible to run more than 3 minutes in a row without it happening to one or more drivers... I wrote an email to Guy and he gave us the solution (rewrite the txt...).

The following week, the lap count on the pit line happened to us... I wrote another email to Guy and he didn't answer (he already told me he wouldn't. You have to sue him in his forum).
Doing tests we find a solution (it is not the one we want but it seems to work).

What we did:

We have the pit line parallel to the finish line and what we did was shorten the pit line and put another finish line magnet parallel to the finish line (in the individual straight) and tell PCLAP not to do anything when entering the pit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello. The error appears above all in the lap count when passing through the pit box. I have it set to count laps when I exit the pit box parallel to the finish line.
Sometimes the lap counts but most of the time it doesn't. If I put it to count laps at the beginning of the pitbox, it does not usually fail, but my fixed circuit is not configured like this. I have tried with chrono and RCSO2 and it detects all the laps perfectly. Both at the exit of the pitbox and in the rest of the lanes, so the position of the magnets is correct.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hello. The error appears above all in the lap count when passing through the pit box. I have it set to count laps when I exit the pit box parallel to the finish line.
Sometimes the lap counts but most of the time it doesn't. If I put it to count laps at the beginning of the pitbox, it does not usually fail, but my fixed circuit is not configured like this. I have tried with chrono and RCSO2 and it detects all the laps perfectly. Both at the exit of the pitbox and in the rest of the lanes, so the position of the magnets is correct.
Try what I tell you. You don't have to modify the track, just shorten the pit line. Move the start magnets back and put a magnet parallel to the finish and tell the PClap to do nothing.

I put it in Spanish because I see that the translation is not exact and I do not know if it is well understood. I'll try to post a photo somehow.

Lo pongo en español porque veo que la traducción no es exacta y no sé si se entiende bien. Intentaré poner alguna foto de alguna manera.

Prueba lo que te digo. No tienes que modificar el circuito, solo acortar el pit line. Atrasa los imanes de salida y pon un iman en paralelo a la meta y dile al Pclap que no haga nada.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Lo primero que pensamos fue el tiempo mínimo... pero al revisar la configuración todo estaba bien, hicimos muchas pruebas hasta dar con la solución descrita anteriormente.

Ahora que no somos los únicos que les pasa, veo que ese no es el error o al menos lo tengo más claro.

Ojalá entre GUY y Slot.it puedan encontrar el problema.

Actualmente utilizamos esta solución y podemos vivir con ella, aunque nos gustaría tener la misma longitud de la línea de pits que antes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Guy is going to see the problem.
Pues parece que el problema está en los puertos USB después de hacer varias pruebas.
Aunque aún tengo que hacer más pruebas.
Guy me mandó una actualización para los puertos relacionados con Windows 10 y ya no funcionaba pclap, rsco2, ni chrono ni el bootloader.
Probé a cambiar en otro puerto USB de casualidad y ya todo funcionó.
Pero no en todos los puertos USB funciona el dongle bien.
No entiendo muy bien por qué.

Seguiré haciendo más pruebas.
Estupenda la atención de Guy.
Y magnífico pclap combinado con slot.it.
Esperando impaciente rsco2 con sonidos adecuados y con todos los arreglos.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts