SlotForum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Regarding the lag, I thought it was a normal behavior, because what ever the software and the dongle version, there is a about a second registring the lap, except when first passing the SF line after race start.

·
Registered
341 Posts
another thing that happened to me (I'm posting it here because I think it's a PClap and Oxygen bug). I was testing my SCP3 and my SCP2 to see the differences in the knobs... what happened is that every time I changed the control, the car lost its brakes and the only solution was to stop the race and do a new one. Always with the same car (flew 4 times to the ground)

·
ParrotGod
11,552 Posts
one to two seconds is normal for oXigen lap counting. Four is too long, so there is something there.
As for the SCP3 and brakes, are you using the amplifier module?

·
ParrotGod
11,552 Posts
If you are losing brakes on both controllers once you change the setting then there is something going on on the RMS/dongle side.
have you tried to run chrono to see if the problem goes away?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi there,
don't know If I'm right here, but the topic fits. I just need another bit of support here for counting laps. I race at home on Ninco with complete oXigen electronis and PC-LapCounter.
When I generate a track call and a cars rolls over the lane changers, PCLC sometimes recognises this as a lap. This gets shown with the +1 symbol. The only mechanism that catches that is minimum laptime. But there are circumstances like a slow first lap after track call where you can get a additional lap.
The controller does't show the "L" sign when this happens.
Is there any possibility to get this figured out, or has anybody the same behaviour?

kind regardy, Tristan.

·
ParrotGod
11,552 Posts
Mr Flippant is right in that I had this issue with several Hall sensors: when the car goes over a lane changer then the sensor reports as crossing the start finish lane.
However, this was not during a track call but during racing.
We use RCSO2 with automated track calls which stop the cars on the track.
I am not sure if in PCLP the track calls are more like a yellow flag where cars can still go around but at a reduced speed.
Is this issue happening with all the cars or only some?

·
Registered
341 Posts
The strange count has also happened to me because of the hall sensor (in C chips), changing it solved the problem. I remember playing pclap a couple of times with track call and the cars would stop when I pressed the circle on the controller. I do not know if it can be configured the way you want (stop or slow down) in the RMS

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi,
Thanks a lot it your replies! Yes, I only use C chips. I havent looked for the cars itself in special, but i will keep an eye on it. The car I know that does it some times has now a new sensor. 3 times 10 minute race was without fault.
PCLC has both yellow flag to slow the cars down and track call to stop completely. I use the complete stop, initiated by a deslotted car.
Kind regards Tristan

41 - 55 of 55 Posts