SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
redstar
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,i thought i would put up my cox 1/32 scale cheetah & my estrela 1/32 scale cheetah for comparison.the chassis are a little different.the cox cheetah has chrome headlights & the estrela cheetah has clear lights.the gas caps are different.the spare tire in the back window is also different.interesting.oh the estrela cheetah is the 2nd series & has the iso chaasis.of course the estrela cox is much more rare than the cox.thanks,bernard

·
Registered
942 Posts
I think I remember that if you disassemble the unit Estrela, on the front of the tray or in the canopy pilots has the mark or logo of Estrela.

·
redstar
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi jose,since the iso chassis snaps in by way of the back axle,im afraid to detach it.i may break it.but i did notice other differences.1- because the chassis are totally different the estrela body has no front bottom body work.2- the mounting of the front axle is a different mold.tonight i will post some more estrela cars.thanks,bernard

·
Pete Shepherd
1,689 Posts
Hi Bernard,

I think the Cox Cheetah has the wrong filler cap and it should look like the Estrela one and the spare wheel cover on the Cox one is upside down and is in fact like the one on the Estrela. Finally the Cox verison came with both chrome and clear light covers. So I think they are/should be more similar than you think. Thanks for sharing though, I never knew about the Estrela.

Pete

·
redstar
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi pete you are right about the spare hubcap.i didnt notice(the cars must have been assembled by a kid )
thanks,bernard

·
Pete Shepherd
1,689 Posts
Hi Bernard,

This is my Cox Cheetah which I recently restored, you can see the rear filler cap and just about see the centre of the spare wheel.

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ey Up Scud,

That is really really nice !.

I like the Cox Cheetah, but mine are refurbished as standard.

Having seen yours I'm tempted to "up-grade" one !!.

Cheers.

vbr Chris A.

·
Pete Shepherd
1,689 Posts
Thanks Chris glad you like it. I actually had it with me at Jon Grainger's Norwich meeting in October but it wasn't quite finished, you obviously didn't see it.

There is a thread about it here

Cheers,

Pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts