Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
another question. on the 3 types of pro slot euro motors. they do 3 different rpm versions and 3 springs. is it the springs that allow for rpm difference, there called tuning parts in the blurb or has the mk2&3 got hotter wound arms. thanks john.

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
As far as i know they are 3 different winds but the armatures can be purchased seperate.
Great motor for the scratch builder as its cheap, of good quality and it can be serviced!
[oneodwos]

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
thanks john, what happens if you you put the 90 degree spring off the 47000 motor in the 27000rpm version, anybody tried it? the 90* spring must put a heavy force on brush &com when i thought current wisdom was to use light springs. john.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
QUOTE (stoner @ 13 Jun 2011, 07:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanks john, what happens if you you put the 90 degree spring off the 47000 motor in the 27000rpm version, anybody tried it? the 90* spring must put a heavy force on brush &com when i thought current wisdom was to use light springs. john.
Adjusting brush spring tension is one of the ways motor characteristic can be changed. It's easy enough to re bend the springs to increase or decrease spring tension, that's the way its often done.
There's a useful range of brush tension for a type of motor. Too little and it looses torque, brakes and top end because there isn't enough pressure on the brush for adequate current flow, Too much and it becomes very stop - go and starts to loose top end because of extra friction. Within the useful range of spring tension, more spring tension improves brakes and (to a lesser extent) torque; less spring tension gives smoother characteristics in corners; none of this makes much difference to top end performance.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Hi John,
The 3 versions of the ProSlot Euro Motor have different armature winds.
There are also 2 even hotter arms available - the 'puppy dog' and the 'big dog'.
There is also a JK motor that is similar to the 47k called the Hawk.
I have built many motor using the Proslot endbells and standard Mabuchi S (FC130) cans, with a wide variety of different armatures.
My experience with the different springs is that with the lower rpm motors anything more than the 45deg springs makes them too 'stop-start'. That is too much brakes and too little rpm control. The max rpm will also be significantly reduced.
The 60 deg springs are ok for the 37k and 47k motors.
I wouldn't use the 90 deg springs in any of these but they will be ok for the even higher rpm armatures.

If anyone knows of somewhere that has actually got any 45 deg springs in stock please let me know.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
after mucho time on the internet, i found all the specs if any body needs them i,ll list it all. to **** 4554taken has them listed on his usa ebay site £2.41p&p. mini can specs. 1 140t-33.5g 2 130t-33g 3 100t-32g all 0 degree timing, accepts5mm bbs at both ends. full com dia, accepts 36d- goldust- ect brushes. arms are .518 dia by .370 stack, airgap is .0035, hole is .525 and the arm is dynamically ballanced. ive got the 58000 hawk mini motor with a glued in bb at the bell end, because they have a a shallow bearing retainer, which allows the bearing to tilt and smoke the arm, so you want to glue the standard bearing in place. the best fix is to use the proslot euro endbell with the bb glue,d in and youve got all the above mentioned advantages allready in place. hope info is usefull, john.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts