SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who's going ?

I know I'll be there... I'll be camping out at the front door, two days in advance

Ok so it's not exactly a rock concert but it is Europe's biggest swap meet.

http://www.barrypotterfairs.com/

I've been planning for this all year.. got my best walking shoes, thermos,calculator, carbon dating gizmo a mate designed & a sniffer dog I've trained to specifically track down any vintage bargains...
ok so the dog might have to wait outside..

but I'll be there for sure.

·
Phil Smith
2,622 Posts
I've been attending Sandown Park Toyfair for twenty years as a stallholder, so yes I'll be there.

Not as good as it was pre-ebay when there were up to twelve slot car traders regularly attending, but still probably the best general toy fair in the country.
Not full of new stock like most toyfairs nowadays, still plenty of older toys.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So with a bit of luck I'll run into a few decent vintage scaley stalls.

·
Phil Smith
2,622 Posts
Alas no, it's more or less down to just me nowadays and I tend to to take newer stuff to Sandown as this is what sells to the slot car customers who come there.

But all is not lost as there is always my Orpington swapmeet in November! this will have loads of vintage stuff for sale.

If there is anything on my website that you want me to bring along let me know and I'll make sure I have it with me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yep I've been for the past two years running and there's very very little slot stuff for sale. Last year I did see two Scalextric 60's Bond sets for sale from different sellers who had no other slot stuff (I guess underlining that the prices for these are driven up by non-slot collectors?) I didn't bother asking how much they were as I didn't want to burst into tears in the middle of a hall full of bearded men.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ha-ha that's hilarious cube

So, you mean to tell me i may have to simply settle for a 1930s fluffy bear or a 1977 Luke SkyWalker doll ??

Nooooo !!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm amazed you're not setting up a stall Ade's.. you got so many cars in your collection .. Could do with the a little thinning out ?

If they're not accepting any more stalls. .. perhaps you can still set one up out in the front car park.

To help draw customers I'll even help ya out by wearing a Scaley Mascot suit ... big foam head and racing stripes .. guess I'll have the guide pin popping out between my legs
Dance around with background vocals from Murray Walker "Oh no... he's outa the race! " or " 3,2,1 .. Go Go GO !!! "

Might just work ya know ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts