SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is in the appropraite section. When I tried to get onto the the Old Weird Herald site. I had an error message informing me I was FORBIDDEN. Is it just me or has anyone else been denied entrance? I have spoken to Phillipe who thinks its because the site owner has not paid his bill??
Regards Allan

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
If it is gone, then that is sad indeed, that was a venerable mass of interesting and amazing facts and info from the slotworld.

I hope it comes back.

·
Registered
289 Posts
There are a lot of folks who would like to see OWH come back, including me.

I'm hearing that there are multiple parties interested in purchasing the domain and BBS.

Since Paul Kassens does not seem to plan to continue OWH, we'll just have to wait to see if he will pass it on to someone else.

·
John Roche
4,202 Posts
QUOTE I found this post on the old (ezboard) Slot car Talk page from Paul K.
Figured I would pass it on:

Yes - OWH is indeed down once again....

However, I am no longer in a postion where I can keep paying the server
bills without the continuing support of OWH sponsors.

Although I have moved much of my biz to a much better web host, OWH still
must reside on the old server for now, which has shown no mercy whenever it
comes time to pony up more $ for traffic overages or late payments.

I know the slot biz is slow now, but 'tis the season for us all, and I
simply must depend on the sponsors support to keep OWH online.

Please let OWH sponsors know how much you need your OWH fix - and how much
you appreciate their support!

I have been up to my eyeballs busy with my new gig managing a slot car store
in the SuperMall - so my time online has been extremely limited lately.

I will not let OWH wither away - but it is time for others to help show
their support. I have done my part....

'Tis the season and ho ho ho and all that....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Paul K. aka "Old Weird Herald"
OWH Slot Car Talk BBS "Mom"
www.oldweirdherald.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The above was posted on the [email protected] group.

John

·
Premium Member
5,186 Posts
OWH went out because some of the sponsors are behind in their payments. Since he is a little light on cash, Paul failed to pay the provider.
I had a long talk with Paul and we arranged that OWH will be back on line very soon.

Dok Pea

·
Registered
12 Posts
If Dok Pea is the godfather of Slots, sign me up for a lifetime membership.

Once again Dok has proved that he is one of the good ones.

PS Instead of horse heads left in beds, we could leave Mr. Blobby heads!

·
Premium Member
5,186 Posts
QUOTE A long talk, Dok?
Sounds a bit Godfather-like ...

Beware of dead horse heads on your pillow... (music: "nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-naaaaaaaaah...")

Certain things needed to be expressed, they were, issues were resolved and OWH will live again. No little or large animals were maimed during the discussion. No exchange of oil for food vouchers took place. It did not involve any Russian prostitutes, corrupted UN workers or the death of Christmas in civilized countries.
OK?

Dottore Pisello

·
Registered
800 Posts
How can you resurrect a slot car website without food? I work with computers I know for a fact that servers run on Mountain Dew, Ho Ho's and Doritos. The higher end servers need coffee and Pop Tarts too. Sometimes I think you guys are pulling my leg

·
Premium Member
5,558 Posts
Did you tell him to fix the 'look and feel' of the site? It looked and felt nasty last time I did a drive-by.

Was it super popular with you state-siders? I mean, I don't remember (and probably didn't scratch beyond the surface, anyhoo) that it was a ginormous site - did it need expensive hosting?

Whatever.

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Wankel, the "look and feel" was truly awful! It hadn't changed since I first found it... and I found it about the same time as fire was invented. But there was plenty there! It was a site you had to explore, and frankly, I could care less about glitz... content is always more important! It would be a shame to lose it - it was interesting and valuable.

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
QUOTE Did you tell him to fix the 'look and feel' of the site? It looked and felt nasty last time I did a drive-by

Yea, if I remember it called you 'a dumbo' or something similar on the opening page, went there a couple of times and found it a bit offensive for my taste.

Good riddance if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
5,558 Posts
QUOTE I could care less about glitz... content is always more important!

Agreed. But getting access to content shouldn't hurt your head. Okay, it was probably a home page grown too big for its own boots but I always find a site I have to root around in to get anything out of a bit frustrating.

No. I find it really frustrating. I'm sure there was a lot of info onboard, I just couldn't be ****** to work at it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts