SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
It's a bit of a strange market that they are going for - I would expect at this price point it would only appeal to those going to full landscape, in which case the majority would be scratch building and then £500 plus for buildings you wouldn't pay -you would make them yourself like Graham Lane did, wouldn't you

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Either way I'm hugely impressed with the product range.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Good on em really, because the detail and scale are impeccable!

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
I think there are many people with a lot of money that just dont want to (or cant) make something with their own hands and than this is just convenience....and for what you get, custom made stuff with high quality looks I dont think its that expensive. Everyone that says so should make 1 building and then see the many hours spent arent that well paid.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I really like these but I have to echo the earlier sentiments. They are a relatively basic structure and would be fairly simple to scratch build and given that you would want at least 5 of the old style classic le mans pits to make a half decent pit straight, at $375 a piece that is $1,875.00. You could make the exact same thing for $100 with an even greater level of detail.

That aside, they should be applauded for creating something that A] looks great and reflects an era of racing that is close to my heart and B] producing something from which I can create a template and make my own. (Coming eventually after Bullitt, DoH etc etc etc)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would have to agree that they are a bit expensive, but they are wonderfully done and I am sure that they have to recoup the money spent to license the logos properly. They look like alot of the building and signs that are on Slotmods tracks.

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
I found them the other day and added them to the links on our club site. I've not been tending to that site much recently for various reasons and even when I do add links I don't spend too long looking at them but that one had me drooling and I hung around a lot.

The price knocked me for six but then they look pure quality.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts