SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
366 Posts
I too say thanks for the tips JT, I've had real problems getting the whole car inot focus as you can see so I'll have to try again. By the way what is that qwaint little car in the first few photos?

· Registered
366 Posts
QUOTE (Roadkill @ 3 Mar 2005, 15:11)QUOTE I've had real problems getting the whole car inot focus as you can see so I'll have to try again.

I'm still learning about these things myself, but to take the picture further away from the object, and then crop the image might help.
Using a tripod, or resting the camera on something, is useful when doing this since any blurring will be more noticeable on a cropped picture than a resized one.

Another possibility to get a larger focus area is to decrease the aperture size on your camera (by using a larger F-number).
From what I can see the picture was taken with an aperture size of F2.8, and I assume the DiMage Z2 has the possibility of setting aperture manually (check the manual if you don't know what I'm talking about).
The downside of using a larger aperture is that you will need more light or a longer shutter speed.

André
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spooky
the Dimage Z2 is the camera I use how did you know that

· Registered
366 Posts
QUOTE (Roadkill @ 3 Mar 2005, 16:52)Heh, there is nothing spooky or magical about it at all.
When you resized the picture with an imaging program the so-called EXIF information was preserved.
Among this information is the camera that you used and the F-number the picture was taken with.

I use a plug-in for Internet Explorer called ViewEXIF to see this information when it has been included.

André
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the tips Roadkill
I'll try and take the same photo again tomorrow "and try" to use the tips you've given me. I'll keep you posted.
Cheers!

· Registered
366 Posts
Okay the wifes out with the youngest so I've had a little time to try a few shots I'm still having trouble getting the whole car in focus when taking pictures with depth plus I've not worked how to change the F settings, although I haven't looked in the manual yet so I hope to be wiser after a look there.

As you can see this one with the side angle is a bit better.

· Registered
366 Posts
Thanks for the help and kind words JT. This Herbie is my first conversion attempt as you can see very simple adjustments I didn't want to risk messing it up plus a like the New Beetle so I wanted to keep the original look but beef it up a bit and at the same time improve the handling hence the Fly Porsche/BMW GTR wheels otherwise the car is standard apart from the bar magnet I've fitted so it can give the GT3's a run for there money. I tried a ScaleAuto 28,000rpm motor:yikes: ...but that was a bit much for poor old Herbie
As you can see I've had problems covering the Tampo prints and painting the mirrors so if anyone has some good tips I'd appreciate the advice.
Anyway back to the photos I've found that if I focused on the rear wheels and then focused on the centre. And as you can see it has helped

and here's a pic of the rear end so you really can see the problems I've been having with the tampo badge and mirrors
[

· Registered
366 Posts
QUOTE (JcRacer43 @ 7 Mar 2005, 22:28)whoa slot dad what is that beetle supposed to be i had a friend that raced legend racecars (see link) and had that exact paint job (almost.)
Legend racecars
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi JC,
Well the the Beetle is a boring old Scalex new Beetle from the Beetle Cup set, but with the help of some decals from MRE and 7 layers of white paint yeah I know I went a bit over the top
I thought it would be fun to make a new version of the old Herbie that I fell in love with as a young lad, way back
he/it was like the Lassie of the car world
My Herbie is not perfect but I still think it's better than the Scalex one, I'm now going to do a new one for my daughter but it's got to be shocking pink and I'm having trouble finding the correct paint.
This Herbie is much more how I'd like mine to look if I had the talent
. I think it's a 1/24 scale RC car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.