SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
512 Posts
QUOTE I've had real problems getting the whole car inot focus as you can see so I'll have to try again.

I'm still learning about these things myself, but to take the picture further away from the object, and then crop the image might help.
Using a tripod, or resting the camera on something, is useful when doing this since any blurring will be more noticeable on a cropped picture than a resized one.

Another possibility to get a larger focus area is to decrease the aperture size on your camera (by using a larger F-number).
From what I can see the picture was taken with an aperture size of F2.8, and I assume the DiMage Z2 has the possibility of setting aperture manually (check the manual if you don't know what I'm talking about).
The downside of using a larger aperture is that you will need more light or a longer shutter speed.

André

· Registered
512 Posts
Heh, there is nothing spooky or magical about it at all.
When you resized the picture with an imaging program the so-called EXIF information was preserved.
Among this information is the camera that you used and the F-number the picture was taken with.

I use a plug-in for Internet Explorer called ViewEXIF to see this information when it has been included.

André

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.