SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new SSD layout design means that the LCD display of my C7042 APB now needs to be positioned further away from the power base than where it was before.

The cable supplied with the C7042 APB isn't long enough for what I need on the new layout. What type of cable is needed to extend the LCD unit's cable so I can position it where I need to?

The connector at the power base end looks like RJ11 so would a standard RJ11 extension cable do the job?

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,284 Posts
Looking at it, yes it should, though I haven't actually tried it myself. Your just matching pin for pin with a straight through extender.
Dunno if the signal will drop significantly over a short distance and effect the display, so have a go!

Alternatively, you could separate the base from the track and have a compromise of length of extension cable. Depends what suits your position the most, I suppose.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (snurfen @ 10 Nov 2011, 12:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looking at it, yes it should, though I haven't actually tried it myself. Your just matching pin for pin with a straight through extender.
Dunno if the signal will drop significantly over a short distance and effect the display, so have a go!

Alternatively, you could separate the base from the track and have a compromise of length of extension cable. Depends what suits your position the most, I suppose.

Yeah, I don't think the display will be affected...a few extra feet (or even metres!) really should not make any difference, at least I don't think so.

Don't really want to separate the pb from the track...so extension cable it will be!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have tried to use on of these:

By plugging the LCD into one of the ports and a normal RJ11 4 core extension from the other port to the PB.

But it did not seem to work.

I then just cut the original cable, spliced and soldered a four core telephone cable in (600mm in length) and voila, it works.

·
Administrator
10,131 Posts
OK, but be careful with any two way connectors, especially if you think about connecting a display and a PC cable at the same time. You will fry the computer cable. You might kill the C7042.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Just to be clear...a standard RJ11 extension cable will work to move the C7042 display tower further away from the power base? Has anybody found any problems/limits concerning the length of the cable? My new racing circuit requires shifting things around a bit.

·
Administrator
10,131 Posts
They have to be pin 1 to pin 1, a lot off modem cabes are crossed so pin 1 goes to pin 6. And, they have to be either 4 wire or 6 wire.
The resistance of the cable must not be too high or there is a danger that the display will not be recognised.
Finally the cable has to be able to cope with the current draw of the display.

Easy? Get it wrong and you could toast your C7042.

·
Registered
281 Posts
RikoRocket are you able to provide a source of a correctly wired lead, as having split my APB find I'm now in need of a longer lead.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am wanting to setup SSDC for my track but the only cable I can find is sold by Hot Slots for $75.

This is way out of my price range and now looking for alternative options to get a cable.

Can you help with how to make the cable or where I can purchase another cable for much less?

Thanks for your help,

Ryan

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
Hi
You should pm either Rikorocket or Richg on this forum,it will be much cheaper option.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts