SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to put a clc after a R2 corner track piece and therefor need to add som extra ir sensors together with
the lc chip piece. My plan is to take out the lc chip piece from the half straight track and mount in under the R2 curve track.
Can anyone post a close up picture how to solder the 2 wires for the extra ir sensors on the lc chip piece both on the right
and left side.

Thanks

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
having trouble seeing what you want to achieve by having a ir senser in both lanes of your R2 as the clc can only offer a lane change from one of the lanes..

A bit more info would be usefull..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As i am having powered flippers i need to give the exit flipper the correct power + or - so going on either lanes i need to put
the correct + or - on both entry and exit flipper.

Hopes this gives the needed extra info...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try to show it with some pictures...

I would like to add extra ir sensors like in picture below as i can not fit the half straight sensor track in front of my clc.

For this to work i need to connect the wires to the extra ir sensors in parallel with the sensor chip taken out of the half straight track
I have have found a picture showing this, but it is not showing me exactly when to solder the wires on the sensor chip, both on the

right side and on the left side.

If anyone have done this mod before, could they please post a more clear picture of how to solder the wires....

Thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts

The board is split in the picture for a custom setup, but you'll get it anyway...

In the left part of the picture where it says TR5 just below that in the white bracket is the sensor. You solder another lightsensor in parallel to the + (printed on the board, below the white bracket) and the negative (above the bracket in the picture).

I think the other lane sensor is marked TR6

Good luck!

Martin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Martin, thanks for your reply

I want to be shure of this so i am going to ask a stupid question, well i think it is. If you look at the second picture i posted one of the wires for the extra ir sensor on the TR5 side is actually soldered at the same place where the green wire is soldered on in your picture. I can not exactly see where the second wire is soldered on to, but i think just above where it says TR5 in white text.

And in my second picture on the TR6 side the 2 wires are not soldered just below/above the white sensor bracket, could you please explain that to me... please

Thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
You are right, you don't have to solder them directly (as in real close by) above/below the sensor on the original board, but they have to be soldered on the same electrical path.
So if you solder them a bit further away if that is more convenient, it is no problem at all. Just make sure they are on the same path (don't know the exact english word, maybe one of the natives can help me here)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts