SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its probably illegal, but i really fancy matching the rwal engine sounds to the scx cars in the proxy, does anyone know if there is an extraction tool or software to take recored video and take out the audio for further editing??

heres one i like the look of, imagine these sounds with slot cars on our tracks
classic rally sounds

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,629 Posts
Hello sig,
A decent audio recording package will allow you to record from the audio stream. Windows 7 makes this difficult but XP is fairly straightforward.

I reccomend Audacity - free source linky

Kind regards, Leo

·
Marc Abbott
1,914 Posts
Not sure if it's the same on a PC as a Mac...

If you have Quicktime player. Open the file.

Go to the main menu and choose "window" and then "show movie properties"

Simply delete the video part of the file which will leave you with audio only.

Re-save the file with a different name.

The resulting sound-only file can then easily be changed to an MP3 in iTunes.

ABBO

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
I User TrakAXPC to do my video edition, it only costs about £25. this separates video and audio when edition so you can import the video and soundtrack you want and just delete the video part and use the audio.

·
Rich Dumas
3,599 Posts
If you can open a movie with the sound that you want in Windows Movie Maker you can also delete the video and replace it with new video.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry for the delay in replying, computer charger trouble!
i´ve got a mac and a few of the programs i found were pc only, but anyway leo very kindly did the conversion for me and sent the mp3 track (cheers boss
)

now i´ve got to figure out how to edit the too fast scale cars to the relatively slow sound of the real stuff,and it will definately need panning on the camera.

i´ll post the results if they´re any good

thanks again chaps

cheers sig

·
Registered
259 Posts
There are loads of good web sites dedicated to sound clips. I think SoundDogs is one of them. These sites have hundreds of great race car sounds, crashes etc..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts