SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
provider of comestables
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok just a little thought deep in the back of my head. Six different winners in six GPs greatest ever season?

Or engineered to sell papers, improve ratings and get new channel off to a profitable start.

Williams win for Birthday, Ferrari win with "dog " car, and six different winners. no clear leader.

Mclaron for example have got awfull sloppy in the pits, wheel nuts threaded,tyres left in way, wrong gears in gearbox.

I could be a bit paranoid but the runs of bad luck some people are having are starting to look less than accidental.

·
Registered
115 Posts
QUOTE (speedyroadster @ 28 May 2012, 19:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sunday's race was pretty boring (and I'm an F1 fan) but it still beats an evening of Eastender and Corrie!!

Definately, and the Kardashians etc that my GF seems to watch!

I have been watching F1 for 20 ish years, and certainly avidly since the late nineties. I like watching it even now when its like it is just `because its motorport`, but don`t enjoy it as much.
I like the Kerrs (bit like the oldskool `overtake boost button` and to a certain extent the DRS, but the Tyres are doing my swede in. I was always a big Mansell fan. Someone who would have an ok-ish car but drive the wheels off it. (with the exception of `92 obviously) I like Hamilton now for the same reason. But these new compounds they are using just dont allow the guys out there to drive like they can. Even Button who is supposed to be the best at preserving his tyres, drives so gently, he can`t get them switched on. (plus if i had a pound everytime he moaned about balance, i`d not need to work...) so i guess car set-up is harder now too....

Not really a fan.... Never considered it could be a `show`. Interesting theory.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
I've been watching F1 since the '60s with the od seasons lack of interest due to the processional nature.
I've been to quite a few actual GP's over the years, and never paid to get in (for all sorts of different reasons)
I said I wouldnt watch it this year because the Beeb gave it up, I've never paid extra to watch a sport on TV and I'm not about to start now.
Haven't watched one, not going to.
What on earth is Maldonardo doing with an F1 win? Sounds like Dave is right and its all fixed.
Bernie can stuff it up his a**
The sooner someone deposes him and it goes back on free-to-all TV the better.

·
Registered
873 Posts
its been fixed for several years.....
2 years back ... vettel running away with it ... all of a sudden spate of bad luck ....
only to recover later in the season and then win title.
Look at some of the schumacher years and the same thing has happened.
Cliff hanging ending last lap in Brazil for the championship win ! fixed.
Hamilton falls of the road in the pitlane ....... fix ...
I believe there is a super engine management control console where the FIXER has control over all the cars and plays with them
just to keep it exciting
There have been too many cliff hanger end of season races of late .... all to keep the advertising revenue up ....
This year has been to make the IPO interesting .. but thats been cancelled too due to investor mistrust after the fiasco with Facebook a few weeks back.

·
Horlicks Hero
1,941 Posts
I think my favourite unaired pit wall/driver conversation of all time has to be the one I imagine took place during the Singapore race back in 2008...

Engineer - "Erm, Nelson ?"
NPjr - "I'm a bit busy."
Engineer - "Yeah, I know, but you'll NEVER guess what the strategy computer just spat out. You're going to have to bin it, mate."
NPjr - "Aw, carp."
Engineer - "And 3... 2... 1... Crash !"

If you want real racing, look for amateurs fighting over nothing more than tiny plastic trophies and bragging rights. Assume professional motorsports are a glorified advertising hoarding and just sit back and enjoy the "show".

·
Peter Farrell
2,114 Posts
QUOTE (speedyroadster @ 28 May 2012, 19:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sunday's race was pretty boring (and I'm an F1 fan) but it still beats an evening of Eastender and Corrie!!

Oh come on. Picking your nose sitting in a bath full of ice is better and intellectually rewarding than either of those soaps.

·
Registered
730 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 2 Jun 2012, 17:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm going to assume Pete-slot is joshing us.

For what it is worth Pete 2 years ago Vettel never lead the world championship until the last day.

I like to think we are both fairly switched on Deane but reference your first line, indeed, I have been waiting to see if this whole thread was satirical and we were just not 'in on it' but......um yeah....i'm confused...still waiting for the punchline.....or is me getting sucked in the punchline, who knows?

Oh well, lets not let the facts get in the way of a very strange thread

BTW far less talented folk than Pastor have won GP's, or sorry back on topic I'm hoping to find a GP2 title in my box of coco pops in the morning.

·
provider of comestables
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
None of the below is confirmed as true just a possible interpretation a work of dreamy fiction.

Minutes of meeting between Mr Murdock and Mr Ecclestone.

"&#8230;.. Now then Bernie this is how I see it playing out. I am investing a considerable sum in your sport along with a for the moment free additional channel on my prestige network. Now we both need this to be a success for you to increase interest in the emerging markets and the North American market where we may be able to muscle out Nascars for some of their share for me to increase and hook in viewers before levelling a recuperation exercise on the channel. However to make it work in its initial year we need a show to be able to pin it as a 'golden age' and milk the current market and draw in the max audience figures. What I propose is that all the existing World Champions will get at least one win along with any nationalities that we wish to target because they will open up new markets to us both. You will still have your little championship but it will really be decided by the other places and that should keep the drivers and teams sweet along with some extra support for their budgets and we will manage the 1st place finishes to keep the title as open as possible and the drama and showmanship to the end of the season, Nether of us want a run away winner. In fact how about we have a different winner for each race a few home wins, a British winner for jubilee, even one for Franks birthday if that gets him on board oh yes I want an Australian to win Monaco. So what do you say Bernie can you swing it?

Hmm Rupert how big was my check again?"

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Ha Ha, there's no 'super engine management control console' and no 'fixer'. That's ridiculous.

Anyone in a turquoise shellsuit knows that Formula 1 cars are really shape shifting lizards.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts