SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
provider of comestables
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok just a little thought deep in the back of my head. Six different winners in six GPs greatest ever season?

Or engineered to sell papers, improve ratings and get new channel off to a profitable start.

Williams win for Birthday, Ferrari win with "dog " car, and six different winners. no clear leader.

Mclaron for example have got awfull sloppy in the pits, wheel nuts threaded,tyres left in way, wrong gears in gearbox.

I could be a bit paranoid but the runs of bad luck some people are having are starting to look less than accidental.

·
provider of comestables
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
None of the below is confirmed as true just a possible interpretation a work of dreamy fiction.

Minutes of meeting between Mr Murdock and Mr Ecclestone.

"….. Now then Bernie this is how I see it playing out. I am investing a considerable sum in your sport along with a for the moment free additional channel on my prestige network. Now we both need this to be a success for you to increase interest in the emerging markets and the North American market where we may be able to muscle out Nascars for some of their share for me to increase and hook in viewers before levelling a recuperation exercise on the channel. However to make it work in its initial year we need a show to be able to pin it as a 'golden age' and milk the current market and draw in the max audience figures. What I propose is that all the existing World Champions will get at least one win along with any nationalities that we wish to target because they will open up new markets to us both. You will still have your little championship but it will really be decided by the other places and that should keep the drivers and teams sweet along with some extra support for their budgets and we will manage the 1st place finishes to keep the title as open as possible and the drama and showmanship to the end of the season, Nether of us want a run away winner. In fact how about we have a different winner for each race a few home wins, a British winner for jubilee, even one for Franks birthday if that gets him on board oh yes I want an Australian to win Monaco. So what do you say Bernie can you swing it?

Hmm Rupert how big was my check again?"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts